Thursday, June 8, 2017

In Case You're Not Following Me on Twitter


    First, lucky you.

    Second, here's the type of quick-witted (some would say "nit-witted"), edgy comedy you're missing.



    Robyn, of the aptly titled Life By Chocolate: Robyn Alana Engel's Blog  blog suggested I get a Twitter account a few years ago.  She said it would be perfect for my snarky "hit and runs."  I hesitated at first (I was afraid of what "runs" meant), but finally relented.

    Obviously.

    But, Twitter has the disadvantage of limiting me to 140 characters, so I can't indulge the type of literary "runs" I can flourish here on Blogger.
Hmmmm....so that's what she meant by runs.

    Never fear, though!  Occasionally, I'll copy some of my wittier zingers (there really aren't many) here.  Along with maybe some additional fillers.

    Like...

"Hey, Doug, you hear that?"
"Yeah, that batshit Dean can go scratch."
"No kidding.  We have better things to do than power cars."
"Yeah, like look for nuts."
"Why doesn't he give the job to gerbils?"
"No kidding, they're frikkin' idiots."

"Hey, you guys hear that?  That sounds like fun."


"Gerbils?"

"I can help out with that 'nuts' thing.
Gotta couple I don't need anymore."


Take that, Twitter.

13 comments:

  1. If Richard Gere can be powered by gerbils, why not a car?
    I'm following you. Does this mean I'm unlucky? Damn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't break any mirrors. That'll get you seven years of bad luck. Good money says I, on the other hand, won't last seven years.

      Delete
  2. The runs and nuts, throw in a booby prize and you'll hit the trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Clinton will have a go at that booby prize.

      Delete
  3. Despite the constant negative press covfefe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the worst kind. But, best for mocking.

      Delete
  4. Richard Gere might not have a car powered by gerbils, but we all know the man himself is. I'd like a car powered by animals. Flinstones here we come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gere thing is probably an urban legend. But, far be it from me to stop poking fun at it.
      Or IN it.

      Delete
  5. Poor Richard Gere, actually, the poor gerbil. The squirrels often have conversations about nuts with Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good. Between FB, Twitter, and here, I can get all your bits!

    Uh, that sounded really bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all so lucky! And nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar has just tweeted your post on that social notworking site. Evidently, you follow each other. Life doesn't get much better than that...

    ReplyDelete