Monday, January 2, 2017

Okay, I'll Be Going Then

    After a whole lot of deliberation, woolgathering, navel-gazing, and nosepicking (NOTE: that last had nothing to do with my decision.  I just had a few bats in the batcave, that's all.  Don't judge me.),  I've hit upon my resolution for 2017 (well, besides, waking up on January 1st, 2018.  That seemed to work pretty well yesterday, but I digress).

   While I've not been especially vexed by anything specific, I've
Or give up cliff-diving with cinder blocks.
I may give that up for Lent, though.
decided to drastically throttle back on my presence on social media for the upcoming year.  Hey, it was either that or go to the gym more often (and, by "more often," I mean "at all").


 
"What the f...so all that getting my own
Instagram account talk was just that?  Talk?"
  



   Therefore, I will no longer be posting, commenting, "liking," or otherwise adding random bits of silliness (I'm talking to you, Bones) to my "Ken Lynch" Facebook account (I deactivated Al Penwasser's Facebook last month, that irksome rascal).

    In related news, I will also no longer be posting anything here on Blogger.  Probably not as drastic as it could have been, I suppose. After viewing all the hits I was getting from Russia, I considered deleting this account altogether.  Then, we'd never reconnect with each other.  At least with what I'm planning, I can still visit your blogs.

NOTE:  Any caption I could write
would probably gross you out.
So, I'll just leave it alone.
    So I don't go completely cold turkey, though, I'll continue a Twitter presence.  The good thing about Twitter is that, with a limit of 140 characters, I am less prone to suffer "diarrhea of the keyboard."  Get in, say what I have to say, and return to nosepicking.

That elevator thing isn't as popular as you'd think.
     I will continue to play "Words With Friends," "Trivia Crack," or "Farting in Elevators."  And, if anyone asks me a specific question on Facebook, I'll answer in Messenger.  Likewise, I'll continue writing my hideous books.  Even though they have not reaped a financial windfall, writing is a hobby I enjoy.

    Who knows?  Like every resolution known to man, I may stop this nonsense and return to spouting other nonsense.  But, for now, I'll be taking a little break.
"Son of a b...he couldn't have left sooner?"
    So long for now.  And try to keep the celebrating to a dull roar.

38 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you leave blogger, but I certainly understand the need to scale down. Wishing you the best with all of your endeavors! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-you, too! I won't be completely gone, just not everywhere you turn.

      Delete
  2. For purely selfish reasons, I am sad and hoping this resolution doesn't stick for longer than another few days. But for your sake, have at it. Keep writing. I'll stay in touch with you, whether you like it or not. But how will I contact Bones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, get those boogers out already so they don't take up most of your time haha Sometimes one has to scale back a bit indeed, especially if the Russians are coming. But then they'll start coming after everyone else. My Russian stats may grow. Uh oh.

    You'll be back, the cat has intuition about these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying...you know how resolutions go...lol

      Delete
  4. If you look at the comments page on my last post, you know that the biggest problem I have with all that is all the things I won't be able to blame on Al Penwasser. That, and I still don't know if there's a connection with the Kenny Lynch that was a singer in the 60s despite asking on Time Machine twice, lol!

    Truly though, as I have told far too many people who then receded from my electronic life, it IS your choice, and I respect it. Thought about it myself. Decided there were yet people needing to be inflicted with me. If Al ever needs to rant, he has a guest slot over at TAW saved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping this is a resolution you can't stick with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to write. Facebook more than Blogger makes me sad, though.

      Delete
  6. I feel...sadness because I enjoy your blog and I do hope you will post every once in a blue moon. I do understand though and wish you a healthy, happy and fun new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be coming 'round your place, though. Can't get rid of me that easy, ya know!

      Delete
  7. "I wish I knew how to quit you"

    -You to blogs

    You'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you trying to tell us you're discontinuing this blog? That's like saying you're taking a vow of silence. You're not supposed to do that unless you've becoming a monk or look like Bones. Take a blog vacation and tell us about it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be popping 'round your place. Just won't be putting out anything. My biggest disappointment has been Facebook though, so who can say long term about Blogger?

      Delete
  9. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
    You gotta do whatcha gotta do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never fear (maybe you do!), I'll still drop by your place.

      Delete
  10. well bummer and yet rah for you. You truly have a talent, so use it for good, not evil...or go to the gym.
    Take care, best of luck, and see ya 'round.I'm headed to PA end of January - I'll wave as I drive on 202 or 309....ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very close to both. You oughta let me know when you're here. I'll buy you lunch.

      Delete
  11. No celebration here since I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very upset you're leaving blogger. :( I agree with you on the facebook front, though.

    Play Words with Friends with me! I think my username is Caelesto2.8

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I am not happy with you for doing this, just saying but oh well such is life

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blogosphere will be lessened without you around Al but if you feel you have to take that step then best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well dang. I'm truly sorry to see you go. I'm like you though. I'm not on my Elsie FB much, if at all, these days, and decided to switch that time over to Twitter for a fresh start for me. I'll miss your posts, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook is the main culprit. Not a significant (nothing really) amount of angst here, though.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. I feel peaceful. Too much hate. It's just nice to settle back a little.

      Delete
  18. Enjoy your semi-retirement from social media. I'll miss your wit and perceptive comments on the world at large.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that you enjoy your time! I would like to wish you a very happy and healthy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made the opposite resolution as you. Ive decided to do more social media and blogging. I'll miss you. I didn't miss you when I stopped blogging cuz i forgot bout everyone but I will miss you now.

    ReplyDelete