Monday, December 12, 2016

Is Funny, Da?

    Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know there have been allegations about Russian interference in the US presidential election.  Spurred on by a CIA report (the same CIA whose intelligence led us to war in Iraq...but I digress), more than a few people are convinced that Vladimir Putin meddled to deny Grandma the presidency.

    I've no interest in debating this issue.  All I'll say is that it disturbs me to the same degree I've been disturbed this entire election cycle.

We'll leave it at that.


"He thinks this is 'hilarious'?
That's what's really hilarious."
    
What is exponentially more bothersome is that, after an intense perusal of the "Audience Stats" for Penwasser Place, it appears that somebody in Russia is more than a little interested in the goings on around here.  While this is a hilarious site, I still have to wonder why.

Take, for example, the audience numbers below:
Today:
Russia-63
United States-46

Things get a little better with...
the past week:
United States-529
Russia-468

Month:
United States-1943
Russia-956

All-Time:
United States-107122
Russia-28511
Incidentally. Canada is #5 with 6555 (c'mon Patt and Birgit, time to up your game!).

    My point is that Russia, with the exception of today, is number #2 in each category.  And a very close #2, at that. 

Wrong #2
Sigh...again...

    And, while their citizens are nowhere near as destitute as those in
"Hey, what you think he mean by that crack?
We have coorest hats."
North Korea, I've got to wonder why.  Especially, since no other blog I follow has a Russian author.  Which is good, because I can't read Cyrillic.


    Could it be that maybe Vlad and the Boys hope to gain some real intelligence here?  

    After all, I was a Cold War warrior.  Maybe they hope to get something by an inadvertent slip of the tongue?
Slip of the tongue?
    If so, they're barking up the wrong tree, because I'll take what I know to my grave.

    Which is really easy because I've forgotten everything I know.

    In any event, I'll really have to keep my eyes open.

    And find good hiding places for that moose and squirrel in my backyard.


********
    This will be the last "non-holiday" post for the rest of the year.  
    
    While most of the remaining will be repeats, I'm thinking of writing an original one for Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa.  Maybe...maybe not...we'll see.


"Come on!  I love that Kwanzaa shit."

    Whatever.  

    I just wonder if they'll meet with the Kremlin's approval.
"It doesn't matters.
I'm for loving the Bidens pictures.
And Chris Christie making loves with the doughnuts?
Is screams!"


32 comments:

  1. "meddled to denied" Get your eyesight checked, Grandpa Penwusser. All those hits from Russia are spambot. They long to infiltrate your blog, and mine.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is better I should be for keeping an eye out, yes?

      Delete
    2. BTW, good catch. THAT'S why you're an editor!

      Delete
    3. Wow! Someone actually paid attention to me. Miracles do happen. And yes, is better to keep eye out. Do not put glass eye back in.

      Delete
  2. Russian spambots are spying on you.
    Again, surprised they aren't blaming Bush for rigging the votes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already deactivated my Facebook account. Penwasser Place may join it. Gotta admit-I'm a little spooked.
      This would make me sad.

      Delete
  3. get out the vodka and salute them. You might look good in those big furry hats they have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got curious and looked into my own statistics. I have way less Russian readers than you, but I do have a disproportionate number of Japanese readers. So if the Russians are watching you I'm being watched by the Japanese.

    Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit jealous, Al. The Russians never take interest in Life by Chocolate. I suspect some prospective Russian brides are hot on your tail. I mean, trail.

    To Putin and his posse: You're biased. It's sad, really. Apologize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little worried. Penwasser Place may be going away.

      Delete
  6. What game should Pat and I play?? Does that sound strangely weird?? I'm almost envious that The Russkies like your blog...they must love seeing you sit on that toilet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get nearly as many hits from Russia as I do from the USA. Maybe the Kremlin thinks our launch codes are embedded in my drivel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the spambot theory is probably correct, but my brain immediately went to hackers. Hackers are reading your blog. But they're hiding their actual IP addresses and bouncing them through Russia. (I've been watching way too much Mr. Robot. Or something.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even sure what a spambot is. Now, if they were fembots...welcome aboard!

      Delete
  9. Hmm the cat will have to up his game to get us Canadians up there. Canadians love me more, but so do the Russians. Maybe they think there is some code in my rhymes. That or they are jealous of my big litterbox. Pffft to the CIA. They helped find weapons of mass destruction. Who knew slingshots were so massive and destructive. That's mine, Russia is way down there. The Irish are after me more:

    United States
    1676348
    Canada
    116737
    Brazil
    56146
    Ireland
    53521
    Spain
    38334
    Turkey
    37931
    Russia
    34243

    ReplyDelete
  10. Russia comes in in second place in my pageviews too. A distant third is... China. I'm getting a little spooked now, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third place for me is Ukraine. Yeesh. This blog may go away after the first of the year.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. They may wonder why the US has curbside toilets.

      Delete
  12. I have nothing, why would Russians want to read your blog maybe the same reason people from any other country would or they have the idea that you know what you are talking about which you may do but then maybe not you are a funny bloke though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they want to see if I have any toilet paper to spare...?

      Delete
  13. They must see you an as outlet for disinformation. If I were Russian, I'd be hugely disinformed by your posts. Has Blogger thrown comments from Russia into your spam folder? I'd be fascinated to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all the vodka ...... makes them jolly and looking for a
    good laugh. You are a funny guy, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hey, lookings for Penwasser. He be making me pissing the pants."

      Delete