Sunday, July 17, 2016

Just An Observation

Of course, this is a reversed angle which I used for the shot.
 Or I had my shorts on backward.
Which could be the case.
    While sitting down this morning, I glanced at the label on the waistband of my shorts.

NOTE:  Where I was sitting and what I was doing while sitting borders on too much information. Gross information.

    I noticed that sizes for several countries were listed.  This caused me to make some observations:

1.  I'm thinking that "M" stands for "Medium" and, coincidentally, "Mediano" in Spanish.

NOTE:  Now you know what size shorts I wear.  This may possibly be TMI, as well.  Who knows?  Keep your shirt on.  Not like it's underwear.

2.  Why only seven countries?  Are those the only ones in which Champion has a contract?

"I know!
India is where all the Indians came
from in those cowboy movies!"
3.  Actually, there are many more than seven countries, because "Asia" is listed.  Asia, of course, is comprised of many other countries, most of which are completely unknown to American High School students.  Or Champion got lazy and didn't feel like listing every one.  Those people change the names of their country every bit as much as they do in Africa.


NOTE:  Asia is also a  progressive rock band from the 80s.  Wikipedia says they're still active.

As long as they're in bed by nine and eat plenty of fiber.
4.  Canada (I assume "CA" stands for Canada) has two Ms.  Is that
"Because we are French Canadian
and, thus, better than
you English-speaking types."
because they speak English and French in Canada?  If that's the case, if "Medium" starts with an M in both English and French, why bother listing them twice?


5.  Even though the shorts were made in Honduras, Honduras is not listed.  Is that because they don't wear pants in Honduras?

    


    6.  Oh, wait.  "Mexico" is listed.  Well, that's cool.  Those people all look alike, so Honduras is good to go.  As is Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, Los Angeles, and all those with funny accents.
"RACIST!!"

"Crikey, this  blows.
Shoulda worn my shorts."
    7.  Australia is listed.  But, I bet they're not wearing shorts right now.  Winter you know, mate.






    8.  "BR" is not "Britain."  I'm fairly confident "BR" stands for "Brazil" because I'm also fairly confident that "Feito Em Honduras"
As you can tell, Portugal got screwed.
is Portuguese.  They speak Portuguese in Brazil, the only country in South America in which that language is spoken.  This is because Portugal was granted control of Brazil and everything east of what was called the Papal Line of Demarcation by the Treaty of Tordesillas in the 15th Century.  I think.  I could look it up, but screw it, I'm going into my pool soon.  This is also another fact more than likely not known by American high school students.  Brazil, not my pool. I'll give the kids a pass on my pool.

 
"And those damn kids better pass right on by, too.
Incidentally, the raft is mine."

9.  I also noticed that Japan and Asia (Don't know why they separated the two.  After all, Japan is part of Asia, another fact not known by....I give up) are the only two categories in which the size is "L."  Maybe that stands for "Large?"  Meaning that what is only "Medium" to fat-ass Americans and Brazilians is a "Large" to Orientals...?  Little yellow men and all that?  Yeah, okay, that's racist.
"Oh yeah?  Well, at least we know which countries are in Asia.
And where to find Pokemon characters, round eyes!"
    There now, who would have thought an entire post could have been inspired by a fairly common event performed upon waking?

    Off to the pool....

"OUTTA MY WAY! HE'S TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!"

32 comments:

  1. Asia is still active as a band? Who knew?
    Looks like Americans aren't the only ones getting fatter.
    I recently pulled out one of my old 80's concert t-shirts. My wife thought it was a small. It was a large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked up Asia, I thought the EXACT same thing.
      Well, the Rolling Stones are still mincing about in spandex so...

      Delete
  2. I think in a couple weeks even high school students should know that they speak Portuguese in Brazil. I hope I'm not the only one who's going to be watching the Olympics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think that men who are *giggle, snort* small in Japan AND Asia paid Hondurans big money for those Ls, Al? That's what I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are more diverse than British clothing. Over here the only sizes listed are British (duh), European (apparently every European country uses the same sizes but us) and the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's that whole "melting pot" thing.

      Delete
  5. I cannot top Robyn's remark. I am glad you had on underwear, I can only hope it was clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a snappy comeback, but I grossed myself out.

      Delete
  6. I'm surprised you found a medium here in the US. All I can find are XL. Not that I shop for men's shorts much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XL? That's because New Jersey. Which means Chris Christie.

      Delete
  7. You took your camera WHERE? I would bet that even after the Olympics only a small percentage of high school students will know what language is spoken in Brazil. Or will be able to find it on a map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz:
      Poll your students when school gets back to us. Jono may be right.

      Delete
  8. lol goes to show anything can inspire a post. It's the so called law up here that everything has to be in french and english, even if it's the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Robyn is on to something. Is it weird that, being a Canuck, I like that we got a double M?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your countryman just told me it's the law up your way. Kinda what I thought.

      Delete
  10. I guessing that, as it means shorts that are medium everywhere else but large in Asia/Japan, that this post and that tag are a racist slam against Orientals. I further speculate that the cause of this racist outburst is because you had Chinese take-out last night, and you were observing the tag during a subsequent outburst of your own. I suppose you'll start berating the shoe sizes of places where you haven't been pictured tying your shoes as well soon. Tsk, tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoe sizes.......hmmmmmmm.
      Incidentally, I DID have Chinese take-out, General Tso's chicken.
      He didn't mind sharing.

      Delete
  11. Your shorts are much more verbose than mine. They must be designed for smarty pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I can't get those things to shut up.

      Delete
  12. Yes, they speak Portuguese in Brazil, but when my grandfather (born in Portugal, visited he couldn't understand much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloody hell. Theres a lot to read here! More like a magazine....loved it
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Captain Captions pretty much just have a picture. One will post this week. I think.

      Delete
  14. I have to imagine Australian winter is like Florida winter. Not that cold plus giant spiders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And dingoes?
      Or is that "dingos?"
      Oh, bloody hell.

      Delete
  15. I don't know why but this post cracked me up and had me thinking what the hell why

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is quite fascinating. There must be some Asian nations that have big-assed guys. How about Mongolia? Don't tell me Genghis Khan had a small butt.

    The Canadian M/M is truly amazing. I think someone in Honduras has a sense of humour and we need to find that person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All his jokes are probably in Spanish.

      Delete