Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Update

    I suppose this happens every year following the A-Z Challenge.  After one month of  columns followed by another of reading and commenting on columns, I find myself loathe to jump right back into the fray.  Well, much beyond quick Captain Captions (seriously, like a girl I knew in high school, they're easy), that is.


NOTE:  That is a lie.  I never met a girl like that.


    In fact, I find it hard (double entendre...you're welcome) to even read comments on whenever I do post.  Likewise (even though it's my first priority) I've been slow to read and comment on your blogs.

    You may have noticed you haven't seen a whole lot of me (a blessing for most people).

"Come on!  You said there'd be doughnuts!!"
    In addition, life around these parts has achieved warp speed. Work, as always, takes its share.  
    Which, I suppose is good.  
Work=Pay
Pay=Groceries
Groceries=Bigger Belly  
Bigger Belly=New Jersey Governor.  
New Jersey Govern...wait, this is getting silly.

    Plus, my daughter graduated from college a few weeks ago (most of you know this).  A few days later, we took a five day trip to Tampa, Florida (by the way, fabulous).  Her original intention was to move to Florida.
Move To Florida=Empty House
Empty House=Me Walking Around in My Skivvies
Me Walking Around in My Skivvies=Vomiting Dog
Just An Observation...
Tampa has the most boobie bars
per capita I have ever seen
(this one was right next door to our hotel)

    Well, wouldn't you know it, she has decided not to move.  Which is a smart decision on her part.  So, I'll need to keep my pants on.  Which gets the dog's approval.

    In addition to all this, I've been asked to write a book based on the journal my stepfather wrote before he passed away.  I'm looking forward to this and will get right to it once I'm finished "50 Shades of Penwasser"  (which will be completed within the next couple of weeks).
Incidentally, these are all still available on Amazon.com
And, apparently, on my bathroom floor.
    On top of all this, we plan on selling the house.  Only thing, we have a few things to take care of.

You know, like this.
Hopefully, that'll be taken care of soon.
Things are getting a little antsy around here.
And this.
And there's six more just like it.
So, if you want to break your mother's back, come on over.
    So, the upshot (as opposed to rimshot...yeah, that's stupid and makes no sense), I'll be an infrequent flyer around here for a little while.  Oh, sure, I'll still pop in every so often, but not nearly so much as I'd like.

    I'll still be pretty active on Facebook and Twitter, so it's not like everyone's getting off easy.
"Heh...heh...heh...getting off."
      Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to go put on some pants.  I think I hear the dog.
"No, no, do what you want.  I'm good."

27 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be busy. But the blogosphere gets pretty quiet in the summer, anyway. Good luck with selling the house. And tell your daughter congrats on the graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am so proud of her. And her brother.
      And my skelet...okay, just the kids.

      Delete
  2. Well, if you move, you'll be back to an empty house. Especially if you don't tell your daughter where you are moving.
    It does get quiet this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's summer and things are busy. Just keep your pants on when it's appropriate. Or not if you want to have some real fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will there be pictures in 50 Shades of Penwasser?

    Moving too? I didn't know you were that busy. Sheesh. It doesn't help any that Bones is lounging by the pool.
    Least he could do is earn his keep.

    Good luck with it all, Al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could figure out the best way to include pictures. Should be a fun read (well, I hope).
      You've no idea just how fast this whole house/life thing is kicking into light speed.
      Oy.

      Delete
  5. Rimshot? I think I like that word. It definitely has potential for a dirty definition in the Urban Dictionary.
    I hope you sell your house to an Indian guru and his handmaidens. How many handmaidens could it accommodate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't think I didn't think that.
      I yam what I yam.

      Delete
  6. Florida has its good points, but if your daughter doesn't want to live in an oven from June to October, then she's wise not to move here. To go the short distance to a grocery store, I have to piss two "gentlemen's clubs." You found a great shot of Bill Clinton's liar face. See ya later.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they have a problem with you pissing there?
      Hee...hee...hee...I knew what you meant. Just being a wise guy.

      Delete
  7. Very busy. I know how that goes. I'll be looking forward to your sporadic returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like a bad penny like that way. Can't buy nothin', but always turning up.

      Delete
  8. Good luck getting the house taken care of. We're trying to do that here and it's proving more costly and time consuming than expected. We had to choose between fixing the bathrom and fixing the kitchen. Major congratulations to you on almost finishing a book and congratulations to your daughter on graduating college. You must be one proud papa right now. Unless you're already getting over it. It has been a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at both my daughter and son and think, "Well, looks like I did SOMEthing right."

      Delete
  9. Blogland winds down a bit in the summer. You'll be a busy bee. Might want to hide Bones though, he may scare away potential buyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, having him hang in the garage may be a bit of a turn-off?

      Delete
  10. congrats to the daughter, good luck on selling your house (keep pants on when the realtor stops by with clients), and keep writing. We'll wait on you. And the news for captions will keep piling up!! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to decide what to write for my 100th Captain Caption. It's coming up real soon. Time flies.

      Delete
  11. My one and only motivation for not having kids is the ability to never have to put on pants. It's like permanent vacation.

    Good luck with the house, and cheers to the upcoming release of 50 Shades of Penwasser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Egad! Moving is always a headache. I am loving the rustic charm of the pool and Mr. Skeltor seems to like it too. You are busy busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly, you know it! The pool is virtually back on line.
      In a related vein, twisted my back Friday.
      What a drag it is getting old.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation, and best of luck with the new book. I hope the writing comes easily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll be missed around here, that's for sure, but it's totally understandable, you've got a lot going on. Good luck with your projects and your stepdad's journal. That's going to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading it is really a bittersweet journey back in time.

      Delete
  15. 50 shades of Penwasser! I'll look forward to reading that.

    ReplyDelete