Tuesday, April 12, 2016

'J' is For 'Justice League'



   For those of you who do not know, the Justice league is DC comics answer to Marvel Comics Avengers.  Much like the eminently more interesting crew from Marvel, the makeup of this crime and evil fighting organization varied from time to time.
 
    I chose the one which included Aquaman.  For reasons you'll see.
 
    The fact that I knew any of this...?

Yeah.  It's like that.


Justice League Headquarters


Green Lantern: "This all seems kinda silly to me."

Flash: "How so?"

Green Lantern: "I mean, why bother? Superman can do anything we can do. Do we really all need to be here?"

Flash: "Well, that may be, but Wonder Woman is pretty good eye candy, you have to admit."


Green Lantern: "True. But, what's the deal with that green dude? I don't even know his name."

Flash: "Not sure. Might be an affirmative action hire from Mars."

Green Lantern: "And Batman-or is it THE Batman? I never get that right-he doesn't even HAVE any super powers."

Batman: "I'm Batman!"

Green Lantern: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it."

Aquaman: "Pffft!! I agree with GL. What good are you? I can control dolphins with my mind!"

Flash: "BFD! At least Batman doesn't smell like fish."

Batman: "I'm Batman!"

Superman: "Up, up, and awayyyyyy!"

Green Lantern: "SEE WHAT I MEAN?? There he goes again. Hey, Wonder Woman, can we use your invisible jet?"

Flash: "Whoa, wait! Before we get on that thing, I need to pee."

Green Lantern: "Welllllll, okay, but be quick!"

Flash: "I'll be back in a flash."

Batman: "I'm Batman!"


"So how many movies have they made about the Justice League?  That's right.
 Okay, so we have two people without super powers,
but one of them is Scarlett Johansson.
So suck it.
And our green guy is American."

26 comments:

  1. Okay… like, what kind of drugs are necessary to come up with those costumes? That's the first question.

    Then, what is with that green dude anyway?

    Q#3 is this, why only one action chick at a time? Seems like there should be at least two, WonderWoman, and maybe let that Vixen chick have a little action now and then.

    Q#4 - And, while we're talking about Batman… is he not just the lamest super hero ever? - Hello Ben - read my lips L.A.M.E. (Loser Amongst Mighty Entities) Even that green dude beats out Ben.

    Q#5 - Re Scarlett - didn't she have the best super powers as "LUCY"? That was my idea of a really bad ass chick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the green dude is the Martian Manhunter, clearly an undocumented alien. That's okay, though. He fights the crime that humans don't want to do.

      Delete
  2. I watched the Justice League when I was a kid and always liked Aquaman. I always felt he never got much respect since he is a fish out of water...sort of speak. They have to do something with this guy even though he looked like The Ken doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, you'll like the new Aquaman. From what I can tell, he looks pretty bad ass. Probably still smells like fish, though.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Aquaman was my favorite! And Wonder Woman is just as powerful as Superman. Just wait until the Justice League movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually saw Batman V Superman this weekend. A stupid movie, but I loved it. Wonder Woman was pretty cool in it. I'm looking forward to her movie.

      Delete
  4. A-blogging we will go, A-blogging we will go
    Who am I kidding? I don't know anything about
    this subject. I'll just give you the high-five
    and say, "Great job."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bam! Kerpow! Zowie! That's all I know about Super Heroes. I don't care what color they are or what special abilities they have - they are on our team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their green guy is much better. Who needs Martians? But then who needs Jackson showing up and doing nothing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is Spiderman.
      But, he's not an Avenger.
      I don't think.

      Delete
  7. But, they are gonna make a Justice League movie. First they gotta release Wonder Woman though. Yes, I live in nerd central. On a bright note, if I ever get confused as to who is DC or Marvel I just need to ask or get laughed at by the other member of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie. That should rock.

      Delete
  8. I bet they wish they were the avengers after hearing how bad the reviews were for Batman vs Superman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it this weekend. It was a dopey movie, but I really liked it.
      That said, I prefer Avengers movies.
      Except the first Hulk. Yeah, that kinda sucked.

      Delete
  9. There are too many super heroes around. It seems everyone but me has a superpower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once upon a time, to annoy one of my super nerdy friends, I started referring to the Green Lantern as "Night Light" because I could never remember his name. I still think of him as Night Light. Nothing will ever change this notion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Justice League doe seem a bit redundant when you consider one of them is Superman, and the other is Aquaman. I suppose together they could tackle anything. Oh my God they are the ultimate superhero team. Superman can handle anything above water, while Aquaman is there to handle things below water.

    ReplyDelete