Friday, April 8, 2016

'G' is for 'Glad You Came'



      Seriously, did you expect anything less from me?  If you click
"Penwasser in the gutter again?"
on this music video (which is actually not a bad song, if you don't mind having your brain sucked out of your head), you'll see this boy band cavorting about the beach with girls who, quite frankly, were born decades before I was.

    
    As I watched all this hormonal running-about, I couldn't help but feel the subtitle to this song should have been, "Desired, Not Required."



And here you thought Dexy's Midnight Runners' 'Come On Eileen'
was the only song I could make fun of.

"EILEEN! EILEEN! EILEEN!"


17 comments:

  1. There's a dirty joke about Bill Clinton and a woman called Eileen here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Clinton has a whole volume of dirty jokes attached to him.

      Delete
  2. There's a reason they are glad. Bet that's never happened to them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gutter = Al....that's the G word for the day. Good job! Glad I came by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came, saw, left. Hmm might be out of order

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came, I saw, I conquered.
      Yeah, I see what you mean.

      Delete
  5. That song is no "Bubble Butt" but I can sort of see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, true, that is one of the classics. You know, like "Dead Skunk (In the Middle of the Road)."
      If you don't know it, I'm sure you can find it on You Tube. Come to think of it, let me go check.
      BRB.

      Delete
    2. I thought you were kidding. So, I looked. How have I not heard this song before?

      Delete
    3. I bought the record in the early 70s. Yeah. Pretty, pretty weird. Both the song and, apparently, me.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow this song is right up there with The Doors "The End" or The Beatles...ughhhh, it might be fun to dance to but how did these mindless twits make all the money from crap when people who were part of the Beatles and The Doors (just 2 examples) created songs that are brilliant and were also young. These gals look all alike to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The End" is awesome. With the helicopters and assorted jungle sounds (from 'Apocalypse Now').

      Delete
  7. As Meg Ryan says in "Joe versus the Volcano,"I have no response." Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete