Friday, March 4, 2016

Going to Go Away For a While.

      


    No, I don't mean like that.  You should be so lucky.


"You mean he's not goin?  Eff."
      What I'm talking about is going away for the next month so I can prepare for the A-Z Challenge.  

    Oh, sure, you'll still have putrid repeats, like you've seen every March for the past few years (with the exception of that time I skipped the challenge...what, a couple years ago?  That was sooo 2014).

"Well, that...is...just...great."
   Plus, Captain Captions will carry on as before.  Because, like I said, how hard are those?

    But, there won't be anything new.  For one reason, I won't have the time to give you the side-splitting comedy (or whatever the frik you call this) you've come to expect.  That doesn't cost you a cent, by the way.  For another, if I do come up with something, it's going to get assigned a letter and go immediately to the A-Z Challenge delayed list.  Then, I can go goof off and maybe have myself a beer.
Or several.

    After careful deliberation, I've decided to go ahead and wing it this year.  Mostly.  When I do adhere to a theme, it will be history-related.  But, if a topic strikes me as something I'd like to put on delay post, then by all means, that's what I'll do.  I'll be kind of schizophrenic that way.
Thank you in advance for understanding.

    I've already written a couple posts.  Over the next few weeks, I'll
"Good thing you no write Chinese alphabet.
Month not long enough."

-Sum Yung Gai

#5 With Duck Sauce
write twenty-four more (there are twenty-six letters in the English alphabet, right?  Whew).  

    
    I'll do my best to keep them as short as I can (much like myself). I realize that all most people want to do is "touch and go," glance at a post here, comment there, and then surf for that two girl/one cup video nature pictures. 

    I mean, who has time to slog through what can be a tedious post (or something other than Penwasser Place)?  I think these should all be brief, succinct, and contain sometimes questionable pictures.

    After all, it's not like Blogger or the A-Z Challenge is War and Peace.
  
"Thank Christ.  
That was a real bitch to write.
I didn't even have time to shave."

NOTE:  Leo Tolstoy.  For those who went to American public schools.
"Hey, Leo?  You're welcome, pal."
    Rather, I wanted to give you all a chance to quickly stop by and visit.  Then, like relatives, get the hell out.  After leaving a comment, of course.  Unless it's a "you suck" comment.  Then, just get the hell out.  I hear "you suck" plenty from Mrs. Penwasser.

    By way of a "tease," though, I do plan on writing a post about
"Be honest.
It's the piercings, isn't it?"
Xerxes.  He is my favorite despot, you know.  


    Speaking of despots, I also plan on announcing who I will endorse for president of the United States.  I took a detailed look at each candidate's position on the critical issues facing us and the world.  Then, I examined whether he or she has the temperament to assume the awesome responsibilities of Commander-in-Chief of the largest armed force this side of the United States Postal Service.

 
"The bad news?  You have to poop in the corner now.
The good?  No more Penwasser Place."
  Whether they would bring on the apocalypse is irrelevant.  I chose the candidate who will give me and, by extension, you (but, really, me) the biggest chuckles as the unquestioned king (or queen) of comedy gold.



"I HOPE IT'S ME!!"

  Big enough tease for ya?

   So, until April 1st, here's Al signing off.  Please feel free to stop by the next thirty days.  If you like repeats. 

"See?  This comedy is FREE!  Except for the rich.
Because up yours."

22 comments:

  1. Winging is good. I like the wing. It has a nice ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I must be constrained by a specific letter.
      Therein lies the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Winging it is the way to be, works for my sea. You may as well endorse the one you can make fun of the most, that's all any of them seem good for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked at each candidate, I looked at how much they made me laugh. Sadly, MANY (ok, all) fit the bill.

      Delete
  3. Imagine being Leo's editor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if you don't know Russian.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the challenge. I always look forward to your posts no matter what you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll be a wise guy (not "smart" guy, you understand).

      Delete
  5. To me, it will all be new:) I will look forward to your A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep the repeats short, too. You should see the ones I wrote when I first started! Hoo boy!
      Ain't nobody got time for that.

      Delete
  6. Wings...with beer......sounds good to me. Some of us (me) are capable of new posts even as they prepare for A to Z. But, some can't handle the pressure. Ha! You're just doing an early April Fool's joke. I'm keeping an eye on Penwasser Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, I'm a lightweight. When writing, I hate to waste posts that could be used for the challenge. Look on the bright side, these repeats will be new to you!

      Delete
  7. Get those posts done!
    I saw an image yesterday where someone had altered the 'I Voted' sticker to say "I Contributed to the Upcoming Apocalypse.' I think that's very accurate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now THAT is funny.
      I wonder how those damn dirty apes will feel.

      Delete
  8. The A -Z challenge no way, I don't have the patience, the desire or whatever else to do such a challenge, when I am challenged I like to go to my room and hide until those who are challenging me go away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit daunting, to be sure, but I've "met" quite a few nice people. Some of whom have shown a remarkable lack of judgment by hanging around here.

      Delete
  9. Hey Al,

    "A" is for Argggghhhh!!!! I beg you, don't get caught up in that idiotic alphabet farce. Yes, much to your surprise, or maybe not, I'm the official anti-A to Z spokesman, as declared by Arlee Bird.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it. It lets me use my collection of poop jokes.
      Hey, I think I just thought of my 'P' entry!

      Delete
  10. Good luck writing for the challenge, Al. I did it one time and that was enough for me. I also was a co-host. Whew! It was a ton of fun but by the end of April I was exhausted. Take lots of naps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The co-host is cool and all, but that seems like too much work doing something which doesn't pay.

      Delete
  11. Good luck with the A-Z challenge. I'd say enjoy your break but you aren't really taking a break. You're working too much instead. It's the exact opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy, Mr. Bones - Queen Jenny here, dropping in to say you've got money. Well, no, that's not right, you've got me babe. Hmmm, still not right - you've got moxie? - well, okay that's true, enough!

    But, what I'm really trying to sputter out (eating breakie as I type, in bed no less) is...... drum roll please.... that I AM DOING THE CHALLENGE TOO - so now you can really get excited. I'm in, all in, keeping my cards close though BECAUSE I got me 5 Aces.

    Just sayin' I dusted myself off and with a few strategically placed clothes pins I'm hangin' in there.

    Looking forward to April - and having some fun. Till then hope Al's well... or all's well... take your pick.

    ReplyDelete