Thursday, February 25, 2016

Time Flies

 
Like last years.
But for 2016!
   It seemed like yesterday we were enjoying the A to Z Challenge, doesn't it?  We read each other's blogs, commented on a few, welcomed new followers, and laughed and laughed and laughed. At my prom pictures.
Yeah, this one is kinda horrifying, too.
    Well, wouldn't you know it, it's almost time for another go-round.  This one, the seventh annual such blogfest, is called the 2016 A to Z Challenge (which, I would think, makes sense).

    The brainchild of Arlee Bird, this will be the seventh (already covered) chance for us all to slave away for 26 days in April to provide the unsuspecting with riveting, educational, humorous, or revolting posts which circulate around the letters of the alphabet.  The English alphabet.  I have no idea about the Cyrillic alphabet.  And you can just frikkin' forget about the Chinese alphabet.
"Yeah, ha, ha, raff it up funny man.
Soon we own your ass."

    "But, golly, Al, doesn't April have 30 days?"

    Well, I can see you paid attention in school. The reason that we're going with 26 posts is...well, just sign up at Blogging From A to Z Challenge and find out.  I mean, I could tell you the rules here, but I'd just as soon post one of my favorite pictures.
Christian Bale and Gary Coleman with  big thighs.
What's not to love?
    You can adopt a theme throughout the month of April or you can
"Nothing unfortunate there."
just free ball it (ooh, that's an unfortunate term right there).  I haven't made my mind up yet.  Last year, I wrote 26 haikus.  Great fun, but I want to do something different.  In the past, I adopted a "History" theme (trust me, it's not like I wrote anything which could be used to take a History placement exam).  I've also "winged it."  This is a lot like I normally do business.  Except I'm constrained to a specific letter for a specific day (e.g. 'A' for April 1st.  And so on.  I wouldn't know any more than that unless I wrote it down).


"Whatever he decides, I hope he includes us.
Now, how 'bout I work on those glutes?"
    Hurry now because space is limited*!  There's already 809 sign-ups so add your name on the list.  I'm there somewhere.  You'd think I would have written my number down, but noooooo.

    So go ahead and play the game.  You'll get a chance to meet a lot of great people, some of whom may actually want to have anything to do with you.  For instance, if you're reading this, you're already part of Penwasser Place.  Well, lucky you!

*Yeah, that's a lie.  Everyone is welcome.  Hey, they let me in.

Gary Coleman could not be reached for comment.

22 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your April A to Z as long as no boogers are involved. Oh and that can,t be Gary Coleman even though his name fits but he is dead, it must be Emmanuel Lewis...just saying:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not. Neither is it Christian Bale, but I love goofing on the picture.
      No boogers?
      Nuts.
      I'll have to rework my 'B' post.

      Delete
  2. A to Z is how I met you via this blog. So is A to Z really a good thing? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Birgit above. So, the two of you have THAT going for you (?).

      Delete
  3. We are winging it once more at our shore. Does it really count as winging it though when we've been done since September?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous of you. I delay posts (this was one), but not to the degree you do. Well done.

      Delete
  4. Going to be another month of chaos and fun! Can't believe this will be my seventh Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my sixth. I don't know. I've lost count. I took a year off.

      Delete
  5. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't do it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only did it the once but it was pretty fun. I find having a theme definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going with a history theme again. I'm considering an election theme, too, but I want Penwasser Place to be funny. American politics depresses the hell out of me.

      Delete
  7. Crap. I forgot my number.
    I wonder how both of his thighs fit into the Coleman, Al. Oh my, with you and I doing the A-Z, there won't be any time off for good behavior. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably will start writing posts in March.
      Meaning next month? Penwasser Place...all reruns, all the time!

      Delete
  8. I may take psrt - not sure - but I'll be reading you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to your creativity on the next A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning toward a history theme again. The last time was fun.

      Delete
  10. Sounds interesting. But will it involve a lot of hard work??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you guys are worth it. The toughest part will be editing my posts down to small snippets. ESPECIALLY in the A-Z Challenge, skimming is very important. This is one of the reasons I try to include a lot of pictures.

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to whatever you come up; your haikus last year were hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I may go with short historical snippets about people.
      No surprise: 'Xerxes' will be used for 'X.' He's one of my favorite despots.

      Delete