Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Chanukah!


  Surprise!
 This is not a repost.

  Tonight at sunset (also known as "sundown."  Which is also known as "dark."), Jewish people throughout the world will celebrate Hannukah.  I'm happy for them because they can get this holiday out of the way long before the wackiness known as Kwanzaa sets in.

    I'll be brief because I have to go to work (for you sharp-eyed dickens out there wondering, "Al works on Sunday?", I wrote this thing on Friday and put it on delay.  So, I did have to work.  As far as right now?  Oh yeah, I'm still asleep).  I'll be back, though, to go into the details of the Festival of Lights a little more.  For now?  How about a little holiday song?   Even though I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan, I do like his "Hannukah Song."  See?  I changed the spelling.  It's like those folks in the Middle East have a different spelling for everything.
"Yeah.  Tell me about it.  And why am I dressed in drapes?"
Muammar Gaddafi, Moammar Khadaffy, Mumamar Qadaffi, Whatever
Noted Dead Guy


"This version has updated names because the old ones just weren't working anymore.
For instance, did you know that Leonard Nimoy was dead?"
"Indeed?"

"Fascinating."
Oh...yeah.  The link to the song is right below.





Hey, party like it's 25 Kislev!

NOTE:  The above joke is a repost.  But, I still think it's funny.

20 comments:

  1. If only he put half as much effort into his movies that he makes these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Gaddafi and Nimoy died too late for Bones to say "He's dead, Jim", which means they really are dead. As for the young Spock, he's more Thai ladyboy than Vulcan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He love you long time, though. It's only logical.

      Delete
  3. that is the one good thing Adam Sandler has created. Mazel Tov to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean Adam Sandler did something worthwhile in entertainment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like ANYthing he's done apart from this.

      Delete
  5. Haha. Yes. I'm in fully agreement. Adam Sandler showed talent and humor once: when he performed the Hanukah song. "Paul Newman's half Jewish. Goldie Hawn is too. Put them together - what a fine looking Jew!' (Although have you seen Goldie Hawn since Billy Joel dumped her for Christie Brinkley? Not pretty.)

    Thanks for always keeping my peeps in mind, Al. You're awesome like that and a mensch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard the original version tonight...still pretty darn funny.

      Delete
  6. Party like it's Kislev 25? I wondered about that too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the few times Adam Sandler actually made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, like I just told Joanne, what about th...yeah, me too.

      Delete
  8. Adam Sandler sounds less nasally singing this song. The dead guy is wearing drapes but Carol Burnett wore them better

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wondered why Christians don't celebrate Hanukkah. I guess it's because Europeans thought it was awkward when the date fell often on the same time of the winter festival they morphed into Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the holiday. The reason it wasn't observed by Christians may have some anti-Semitic roots, though (which is a tragedy).
      I realize that Christmas was draped around the winter/solstice/Saturnalia (whatever) festival and that Jesus was born in the spring, but I'm figuring that early Church leaders figured that, if people were going to make merry, they may as well throw in a religious holiday. Pretty savvy marketing, if you ask me.

      Delete
  10. So put on your yamaka, here comes Chanukah....la, la, la, Now I can't stop singing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhh......yamaka. I thought it was "yamaha." That would be pretty heavy.

      Delete