Friday, November 20, 2015

It's Here!

    No, I don't mean Joe Biden's birthday (he's 73 today), as much as a "I Don't Give a Flying Crap" kind of event as that is.


"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, twinkle, twinkle little star,
for he's a jolly good fell...SQUIRREL!"

    No, I mean my newest book, It's An Adventure is available for purchase on Amazon.com either in the paperback version (good for wrapping fish) or Kindle version (good for rapping people in the head who are trying to steal your copy*).

Buy now for Christmas!
Special for Hanukkah:
get your copy now AT THE VERY SAME PRICE!
   I've decided to once again pawn my crap work on Create Space, a self-publishing entity which publishes anything seeks to enhance the work of up and coming authors because I knew no self-respecting publisher would entertain this amateurish botch job wanted to get this out to you, my faithful followers, as soon as possible.

    An entertaining journey through three years of my service aboard the aircraft carrier, USS America (I am positive most of you know this), It's An Adventure takes you through three years of my service aboard the aircraft carrier, USS America (hey, I didn't feel like being any more creative than that.  I just wrote a book, dammit!).
"Huh.  Wonder if I should be on board?"
  Plus, I may make some money.

  Significant to this latest?  It has page numbers, unlike my last book, It's Not Just A Job (still available to be ignored on Amazon. com).

  So, if you're going to a Holiday Party and want to give something of no redeeming social value whatsoever, you could do a whole lot worse than pissing away some money on this.  

   You could buy a fruitcake, I guess.  At least you could eat a fruitcake.  

    You could eat It's An Adventure, too.  If you were a goat.


"Or you're out of donuts."

    On a related note....good grief, did you get a load of that picture of me????  Buy this thing quick before I die.


*This will never happen.

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another book. I just wrote about you
    this morning and I didn't know your book was coming out
    today. May it be a smashing success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I promise it's almost 100% true.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the latest book indeed. Whoa, you looked like Bones there for a second in that pic lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      Hmmmm.....that gives me an idea.....

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new release! It sounds a bit more ambitious than "Shag Toilet," and I see it's quite a bit longer, too. Good luck with it. I'm gonna have to put more moolah into my Amazon account before I can snag a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how big it was (the book).

      Delete
  4. Congrats and I sure hope you make some money. I heard authors do that (but I have yet to find out ha) (actually I can afford stuff off the dollar menu). Anyway, back to Joe Biden's birthday - now I know what to send him for his birthday - your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congratulations, Al!! You should send one to Biden for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex copied me. (great minds do think alike)

      Delete
    2. So I don't have to send two?
      That's a relief.

      Delete
  6. Good for you Al. These are on my list. It's a never ending list when you have so many authors for friends. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the tag lines ever used in publishing, "buy this quick before I die" may be the greatest. I'm gonna get one just to delay your demise.

    If I buy a whole bunch, will you get younger with every purchase? 'Cause that would be fun to watch and might make me think I have to write a book, too, just to test ride the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I read that, the more I like it. I think I'll borrow it. From myself. I hope I don't mind.

      Delete
  8. Awesome! Best success in pulling in the bucks!

    Love the header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Biden he was old last year and he's old this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you on your new book! You look like my former brother in law in that one photo ( I will not say where he is now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, he was stunningly attractive, too?
      :-P

      Delete
  11. Stop downgrading your quick wit and authorly craft, Al. Where's the link? I don't want to be linked to createspace or Amazon. I want your book. YOUR book, Mr. Penwasser. Okay, I'll have to go hunt some more. But give us a hint and a link, would ya? Don't be so humble. It's not crap. It's really good crap. And I want to get it before Hanukkah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, pretty lady. I just got home from work. I'll get the link tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Oh, silly me. You linked to it already, my friend. I just ordered too. My first Hanukah gift to myself. Can't wait. =)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on getting your next book published Al. Good luck with it. For what it's worth I think that some publishers would be interested in true stories from the military, even if they aren't the sexy, people dead everywhere, kind of stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what it's worth, I had given you credit for getting me hooked onto Create Space, but I sadly edited it to make space. But, I'll give you full props sometime in December. You're my hero.

      Delete