Monday, September 28, 2015

When Facebook and Blogger Collide

   

    I don't usually "cross-pollinate" my Facebook and Blogger lives.

NOTE:  Yeah, that's a frikkin' lie.  I'll do anything for a laugh.

Clearly.
NOTE:  I hope you've already seen this once or twice.
I mean, it's right on top.
New people?  You don't have an excuse.
    But, sometimes, I see things on Facebook....

"And I see dead people."
...which make me laugh and, so, want to share.

NOTE:  Especially when I got nothing else to write about.

    Anyway, I saw the GIF above (no, not the toilet picture) on Rodney Lacroix's Facebook account.  Rodney, as some of you may know, is the author of the Mental Poo blog.  He's also the author of several books.  His most recent work of art ("Hey, Al, I thought you said his name was Rodney?") is Romantic As Hell, a tale of woo, pitching woo, and how doing so in public can get you arrested. 

"Well, that explains all the cop cars!"

    It can be had (unlike that stuck-up cheerleader in high school) by visiting Amazon.com.  Just type in Romantic As Hell (which, I think, would be obvious).

NOTE:  Unsolicited book plug.
    He really is a funny guy...

"What?  Like a clown?"
...so I recommend visiting him at that "Poo" place (a lot of you have) or requesting to be one of his followers on Facebook.  He'll probably freak out from so many Friend Requests.

Although, I'd advise him to steer clear of you guys.
    Oh, wait...what was the point of this idiotic post, besides man love...?

"Preach, Mr. P!"

    Oh, that's right, the lizard video.  Anyway, I liked Rodney's video so much I commented on it.  Because I just learned how to screen capture, I've decided to post it here...


    It's kinda small...
The post, Al, the post!
...but, essentially, Kimberly thought my outrageously funny comment about a dinosaur was serious.  Apparently, she thinks I think dinosaurs still exist.  Since I thought that couldn't possibly be the case, I responded with Ahmed the Dead Terrorist.  After some consideration, though, I kinda thought she DID think I was serious.  This brought up a real question in my head....

    How in the world can one of Rodney's followers not have a sense of humor?

    Waiting for a rebuttal....
"OMIGOD!  OMIGOD! OMIGOD!
DID SOMEONE SAY 'BUTT'?"







38 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who can make a snarky comment and have someone take me serious.
    That spider was big. Sure the lizard didn't just eat someone's pet tarantula?
    Not on Facebook, but I will go check out Rodney's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more it made me laugh.
      "Bearded dragon. Apparently, Al, you still think dinosaurs walk the Earth. Idiot."

      Delete
  2. lol I've had a few take me serious at times, so few have any brain cells, like that stuck up high school cheerleader, to know the difference. The clown remark was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need to add something like ;-) just so people know I'm kidding around.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, add that smiley face so people know when you're joking around. I like to add the ol' haha at the end. like this hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it, but I never thought someone would seriously think I thought dinosaurs were still running around.

      Delete
  4. You mean it WASN'T really a dinosaur? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA!! Thanks, Al!!

    You can also find me at RodneyLacroix.com. And Twitter. And FB. And at your mom's OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      Please see Janie's column below. She may buy a book.

      Delete
    2. So THAT'S why she didn't want me looking in the closet.

      Delete
  6. I'm shocked when people believe what I say. Then I'm shocked when I say something serious and no one believes me. I can't learn how to screen capture. I've tried and tried. I hate you for being able to do it, Penwusser.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't figure out how to follow his blog. I don't know where he is on Facebook. I hate you, Penwusser. Why don't you tell HIM to follow ME?

      Delete
    2. Please see Rodney's comments above. I've introduced you kids.
      I've done all I can.

      Delete
  7. I got one now that has to be coached into laughing at snark. I used to have one that tried to tell jokes but just wasn't funny, despite her view on things. Frankly, better off now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just don't have a sense of humor.
      At least MY sense of humor.
      I call those "sane" people.

      Delete
  8. My Facebook is almost nothing but jokes and someone takes me seriously everyday or wants to correct one of my points. It drives me nuts. Since I'm never serious, why would you expect this post to be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Facebook is almost nothing but jokes and someone takes me seriously everyday or wants to correct one of my points. It drives me nuts. Since I'm never serious, why would you expect this post to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rarely do you find anything serious here.
      Pull my finger?

      Delete
  10. That video, at least a picture of ut, has traumatized my wife for days. She's terrified of spiders. I tell her we should get a pet iguana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we deployed to Puerto Rico several years ago, we "adopted" an iguana that hung out around the barracks. We called her (?) "Fluffy." We loved Fluffy.
      Until I ran her over when our ready alert crew was launched.
      The guys never forgave me.

      Delete
  11. Good for the Lizard (That appeared in many 1960's prehistoric films like 1 million BC-I'm certain you looked at the lizard dinosaurs more than Raquel Welch in her fur bikini) that it ate that huge icky spider. Now I shall look at the book which may be good for my bro who has been married 3 times and all to nasty wenches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lizard. No Raquel Welch.
      Yeah. Let's go with that.

      Delete
  12. Well, now I'll be sleeping with mosquito netting. The spider bothers me more than the bearded dragon. Sadly, I don't look dissimilar first thing in the morning.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it been a while since you posted? The last one I have for you is September 1st.

      Delete
  13. To be fair it is a modern dinosaur. The dinosaurs were the lizards of their day. And chickens. Or something. So it was like a teeny tiny dinosaur. Also given the general level of retardation I see on the internet I'm willing to take almost anything someone says online at face value no matter how obviously sarcastic it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you think that Nigerian prince is legit?

      Delete
  14. I often blame my dog when I see bugs in the house. I know that's more of a cat's thing, but we got to blame something

    ReplyDelete
  15. They don't exist? Dang..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but Madeline Albright LOOKS like one.

      Delete
  16. But you didn't say dinosaurs existed - you said that the spider thought dinosaurs existed. Mocking the stupidity of a spider is pretty funny, but it's also cruel when the spider is about to be eaten. I think you should apologise to the spider and Kimberly should apologise to you and the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I of course know who Rodney is and I have a sense of homour, I do really I do stop shaking your head, damn you are shaking because I spelt humour wrong and didn't fix it when I realised I did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was spelled 'humor.'
      Oops, excuse me. My American's showing.

      Delete
  18. How are we not Facebook friends?!

    Hugs!

    Valerie
    http://www.flyingplatypi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, how is that?
      Gonna have to fix that.

      Delete