The 2015 A-Z Challenge has come and gone (actually, it was over Thursday, but I had a lot of goofing around to do this weekend). Arlee Bird, founder of the blogging marathon, suggested we pen (or, more accurately, computer) a Reflections Post wherein we list everything we learned from bashing old and new followers alike throughout April (with time off on Sunday for good behavior).
As you know, I chose to write a Haiku for every letter of the alphabet. Oh, good grief and Uncle Willy, if you don't know that by now, where have you been? Unless you're brand new to Penwasser Place. In that case, welcome. And may I suggest you review the past month for a moving tribute to Gary Coleman starring a Coleman cooler?
Anyway, what did I learn? In no certain order (mostly because I don't feel like doing the work of putting anything in a certain order).....
1. Writing Haikus is hard.
2. Actually, writing haikus isn't especially difficult (none of that hard nonsense). Five syllables, followed by seven syllables, followed by five more syllables. Find an appropriate picture-VOILA! (NOTE: Snooty French word for Ta Da!), put on delayed post, and read posts from talented Bloggers. Ta Da!
3. But, conversely, making these haikus funny is kinda
4. Cherdo and I share the same musical tastes. I'm not sure this is a good thing, from her perspective. But, I always enjoyed visiting the musical artists she presented (well, their songs anyway). They made me nostalgic for the days of polyester clothing, brown hair, and the girl who broke my heart. That bitch. NOTE: Cherdo is not the girl who broke my heart.
5. I don't know how Pat Hatt does it, day in and day out. I write twenty-six loser haikus and I'm bushed. Oh, there's that talented blogger thing again.
6. I learned more about Martha Stewart than I ever care to learn ever again. Thanks, Robyn!
7. Gary Coleman is definitely dead.
8. I learned a LOT about Texas from Joanne. No wonder I want to go there. Yee ha!
9. I learned that I'd like to drink a beer with Bushman.
10. I'd also like to drink a beer with Jenny...and Julie...oh, hell, I'd like to drink a beer with any of you.
11. I was very happy to see the return of Elsie and Mich. Thanks, ladies! Are you sure you want to stick around?
12. Birgit knows a lot of depressing Hollywood stories. But, I loved learning about them.
13. Ruth is much more talented than she gives herself credit. That she is one of my followers casts doubts on her sense of judgement and good taste, though.
14. Reading and commenting on everyone's posts is a lot of work! Good thing I don't have a job.
15. I wish I had half the energy of Manzi. And all of her good looks.
16. The picture of Joe Biden at the window? Comedy gold!
17. Stephen? He's a talented writer and artist! Me? I'm a talen...okay, I can't make that hold up.
18. I hope I never do anything to get me in the news because Chris will tell you about it. Unless I tell you first. I'm goofy that way.
19. Like the one of the VP, that picture of Richard Simmons? Comedy gold!
20. The only problem with doing the A-Z Challenge is that my hands are tied with commenting on breaking events. Like, did you know that some people give Kim Kardashian a chance at being president? They'd have to bulldoze the Oval Office to make room for her keister. But, it would be funny to call it the "Kanye West Wing."
21. Speaking of, Bruce Jenner says he's a woman. Which is more than Chaz Bono can say.
22. MORE Comedy Gold! That picture of Gary, Christian, and the fellas strutting about in their tightey-whiteys.
23. Adam has forgotten more than I'll ever know. But-and I kow he's probably explained this-what the hell is a Neko Random?
24. I'll more than likely meet none of you. This is a good thing from your perspective.
25. I am positive I've missed more than a few of you. Please accept my apologies.
26. The "strikethrough" feature kicks butt!
27. It's a good thing Xerxes lives in Persia because, the way he's dressed, he'll catch his death of cold.
28. Check that. Moot point. Xerxes is dead.
29. Many of you never heard of Q-Bert. That's okay. Because Q-Bert kinda sucked.
30. Julie Garcia juggles more balls than a circus full of clowns. Or a urologist. Well, now, that's an unfortunate image.
31. Apparently, when I die, I can have my ashes put in a dildo. That way, Mrs. Penwasser will be reminded of me. But, if it's bigger than a chapstick, she'll know it's all a sham.
32. Mark is my favorite Englishman. And is the one responsible for getting me to publish on Create Space!
33. Typing in all these links is a lot of work. Thank goodness about that job thing. Please click on and patronize these fine bloggers. They deserve your business because they're that good. And they deserve your pity because I follow them.
34. And finally (yay)...
When Writing Haikus
The One Line You Can Count On
OH NO, GODZILLA!
|"You're right, Al! |
My Godzilla really does suck!"
Thanks for visiting!
Penwasser Place will be back in a few days!