Saturday, September 20, 2014

You Say Tomahto. I Say Tomayto. Infidel.

 


    "Okay, I'd like to call the first meeting of ISIS to order.  Our first order of business will be our secret handshake.  Our second will...yes, Jamail?"
    "What does 'ISIS' mean?"
    "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria."
    "Wait...what?  The infidel Obama said we weren't Islamic."
    "Yeah, well, he picked Biden to be his vice-president, too, sooooo....  Anyway, we...yes, Jamail?"
    "Wait, wasn't 'ISIS' also an Egyptian goddess?"
    "Yes."
    "And a rock band?"
    "Yes."
    "And the 'International Secret Intelligence Service' on 'Archer?'  I love 'Archer'."
    "Yes."
    "And a TV show in the 70s?"
    "Yes."
    "I think it's a pharmaceutical company, too."
    "Yes."
    "And, I...hey!  Wasn't there a Shazam!/ISIS Power Hour cartoon in the 70's?"
    "Sigh....yes.  So, what's your point?"
    "My point is, why don't we have a more unique name?"
    "Sigh...that's probably true.  Let's see...KAOS, SPECTRE, and the KKK are already used.  How about 'ISIL'?"
    "What's that?"
    "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant."
    "Levant?"
    "The countries along the Eastern Mediterranean."
    "Hmm...maybe.  But, don't we only control land in Iraq and Syria?"
    "Yes, what of it?"
    "Well, Levant doesn't make sense then."
    "But, we have Muslim brothers in Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, and Israel."
    "Yeah, but we have them in Minneapolis, too."
    "So we do.  But, I'm still gonn...hey!  Are you trying to bust my balls, Jamail?"
    "Tee...hee...hee, you caught me!  Allahu Akbar!"
    "Smart ass.  Allahu Akbar, yourself." 


22 comments:

  1. I must admit, that was really amusing! You do have a strange mind, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jamail- how about International Subhuman Idiot Society?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or "Sharia Home for Islamic Terrorists."
      SHIT, for short.
      Oh.

      Delete
  3. That's why I support the separation of church and state, and mosque and state, and synagogue and state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ripped off a cartoon? The nerve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you'd think if they were gonna rip off a cartoon, it'd be "Looney Tunes."

      Delete
  5. I had to laugh, I was in Aeropostle today (which I almost never shop in, but they were closing so I got 2 pair of boxers and a shirt for Tony for $6 total) and when I went to pay the options were credit, debt, and ISIS.

    Wait. Wha???

    So I asked. Apparently ISIS is a company that's been around for a while that allows you to use a mobile app to access your checking account. Turns out they are changing their name to soft card. Geez... ya think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is too funny. I wish I had seen that when I Googled ISIS.

      Delete
  6. Wasn't it Gertrude Stein who wrote a rose is a rose is a rose? I don't really care what they call themselves but I don't think ISIS works since, as the French have pointed out, they aren't Islamic or even a state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to say, "Call a monkey a lunchbox, it's still a monkey."
      Like pictures of me tying my shoe, I have no clue why I say that.

      Delete
  7. I'm so far off I didn't really know what it stood for ... OOOPs... So yes if they change it I have to start all over, not that it matters. Maybe they should just change it to BAD or something simple like that ... :) You never fail at making me LOL!! Lets not call them LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's hope they don't spread to Jersey.
    Woohoo! Shazam and Isis, Isis, Isis, Isis. I don't remember the cartoon. I used to watch the real thing. She was hot. He was nerdy. They both fought evil and believed in respecting all people. Kind of ironic, given her name was stolen and used in such an incomprehensibly brutal way.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6ZDQZV9nA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you there'd a Shazam! angle.
      Wasn't Shaquille O'Neal Shazam somewhere, somehow?
      I really have a problem with keeping track of the finer parts of our culture.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh, that'd be a fantastic spoof. I'll let you run with it, because you thought of it first.

      Delete
  10. How can a group that can't even decide on a name (aren't they just "IS" now?) cause so much havoc? The line "Yeah, well, he picked Biden to be his vice-president, too, sooooo..." had me laughing. Well done. Hopefully they don't decide to take the name of my favorite ice cream treat, "It's-It". They're getting too close for comfort to that delicious treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They mess with our ice cream, that means war.
      Or workplace violence.

      Delete
  11. They should have called themselves the 'Hole in the Burqa' gang. You've gotta admit that would go down a treat in America. Their spokesman might get a regular slot on 'The Daily Show'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about the Insanely Sadistic Intervention Squad??

    ReplyDelete