Thursday, February 20, 2014

Captain Caption XXXI and a THANK YOU

"Okay, who wants to sneak into the United States, collect welfare,
work at a 7-11, and maybe meet a movie star?"
"Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!!"
"You'll have to behead a couple infidels first, though."
"Oh...BONUS!!"


Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't publicly (or as publicly as Blogger can get) thank Robyn Engel for taking that $1,000 and Channing Tatum blow-up doll I sent her into consideration by awarding me prizes for a winning Anti-Valentine Slogan.

My slogan was juvenile and catered to the lowest common denominator (according to Herman Turnip who doesn't know me, but apparently gets me.  Lowest common denominator is what I do).

Anyway, I was sent some delicious chocolate and, what's best, my own copy of Robyn's wonderful book, Just the Right Time, which you can review by clicking on the link on the upper right (yeah, I know how to do these things.  Just because I'm juvenile-and I am-doesn't mean I'm not switched on).

If you'd like to have a look at the other slogans (personally, I would've voted for Julie, but it's my chocolate now), go ahead and have a look here.  No, I meant here!  Hee...hee...hee.

NOTE:  Juvenile is about right.

"WHAT!?"


23 comments:

  1. Free donuts at the 7-11 too! Score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And scratch-off tickets. Don't forget scratch-off tickets.
      And Tattoo magazines.

      Delete
  2. Netflix would be an added bonus too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like her nephew!
    Robyn's book is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is clearly photoshopped. Chocolate on face but not on hands? Not fooling me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch. Not photoshopped, though. I smeared Hershey's chocolate syrup on my face. While I had considered smearing it on my hands too, it would have made a HUGE mess with the camera, chair, etc. So, even though that would have been a more honest shot, I didn't want to do it. Outstanding eye, though!

      Delete
    2. Haha! Awesome! Congrats, Al. :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha! Oh my. I'm relieved to read that it was Hershey's, not the real chocolate that you smeared all over your face. Al, you deserved the win. You really did. We all love you for your lowest common denominator-ation. Thank you for this post in its entirety. You didn't need to, but I'm glad you did. I appreciate it, silly friend.

    PS I wasn't going to admit this here, but I'm disappointed to learn that the Channing Tatum you sent is a blow-up doll. I madly blew him as soon as he arrived, and he was -well- rather responsive. All of his appendages kept growing. I assumed he felt the same about me as I did about him. He's still in my bed too. But now I learn he's a fake?! ...Well, I guess I'll still let him sleep with me.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I AM sorry. I sent the Gay Channing Tatum doll instead. Next time I'll send the Riley Cooper one. And read the fine print.

      Delete
  6. Oh that's why he's limp and deflated. Phew, I thought it was me. Thanks, Al. You're the best of the lowest and I love ya.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw that post. I've missed a lot of hers lately, it seems.
    You're one of those people that think babies with food all over their faces is just picture worthy, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to frame your photo to hang in our kitchen! We're all chocoholics, and some of us are neater than others. Thanks for thinking of me, but your hilarious poem really deserved to win. Enjoy reading Robyn's wonderful poetry book!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free. One of my favorite pictures was of me on the potty (you've seen it on Blogger). I tried to hang it over the toilet, but since Mrs. Penwasser doesn't share my sense of whimsy (or serious mental issues), it didn't make it.

      Delete
  9. CHOOOOOOOCOLATEEEEE!!!!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what for dinner.
      Or whenever else I can fit it in.

      Delete
  10. Well, my dad always said "We are only as old as the women we feel", so I've been indoctrinated since my earliest memories to appreciate the lowest common denominator, and revel in all its glory. Heh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad used to tell me that, too. I'd like to feel about 21 now so...

      Delete
  11. When I first saw the pic I thought you'd been eating wings. Then noticed you said it was chocolate. Even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yipee. I knew you and Herman would be like ole buds drinking some buds and feeling...however old your wives are. I keep coming back to read the entertaining comments, Al. I hope you haven't washed off your face yet. It's a beautiful sight.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that bacon chocolate was to die for! But...I didn't die so it's just an expression. I hope.

      Delete