Friday, January 3, 2014

To Tweet Or Not To Tweet

   
You can follow me @AlPenwasser. 
If you want. 
And you're a glutton for punishment.

    I have a Twitter account. 
   
    I also have two Facebook profiles, one for my alter ego and one for me.  I think you can figure out who my alter ego is (you're talking to him).
   
    What's more, I have two email accounts.  Both are for the real me.  No, I have no idea why.  Okay, I know why.  They were FREE.  Come to think of it, Facebook is free, too, and I can't explain that.

    As if that's not enough,  I have two blogs.  You're reading one.  Uh, Penwasser Place...?  My other blog is Just An Observation, a weekly verbal blather for the Philadelphia news organization.  It's like Penwasser Place.  Only with fewer pictures.  And fewer uses of the term "frikkin'."  And not a single picture of me sitting on a toilet.  Because I'm classy, yo.  Bitches.

    Oh, Just An Observation  also uses my real name, not my alter ego.
Ken Lynch is Al Penwasser?  What the hell? 
You mean now I have to tell people I'm Batman? 
Well, you all can piss off.
No, I'm Batman. 
You English punk.
And who the hell is Al Penwasser?

    Not only that, I'm writing a book.  Which I hope to finish before they're speaking of me in the past tense.

    Yes, I have issues.

    What I'm trying to say is that I do a lot of writing.  Some of it is good and some of it...oh, who am I kidding?  Most of it is crap, but since I'm not getting paid for any of this, screw it.  There is a chance of me getting paid for my book, but I'd have a better chance of seeing Jesus in a nudie bar than spearing that white whale.

  
I Googled  "Jesus At a Nudie Bar"
See?  You can find anything on the Internet.
And you thought he was just on windshields.

    So, what's my point?  Oh, yeah.  Twitter.

    Why do I have a Twitter account?  That's easy.  I like the ease with which I can drop in this snarky little comment or that.  If you're unfortunate enough to be one on my Twitter followers, you know what I'm talking about.

    Recently, I've been more often replying (or "tweating," according to teenagers and people who live in their Mom's basements) to something on Twitter where in the past I would have put it on Blogger.  So, if you're following me here, you've missed some hilarious commentary.  Not from me, but from some pretty funny Twitter people like a guy called Steve Olivas (I don't feel like putting his link here.  Mostly because I don't know how).

    Anyway, I foresee a reduction in the time I spend here. 

    Not a lot, mind you.

    After all, Twitter only gives me 140 characters.  And, I just can't be that succinct on a regular basis.

    Which should be apparent.

 
I won't put this on Twitter, though. 
And you have my word on that.

Of course, I won't put this there, either.
Like I said.  Classy.



NOTE:  I plan on linking this to Twitter.  And to the Al Penwasser Facebook account.   Great Googli Moogli, I'm frikkin' everywhere!!  But, I draw the line at Pinterest.   But, now that I think of it...

43 comments:

  1. There's no need for Pinterest. Facebook is enough and the reason it's free is because you tell them everything about you. It's like the NSA but people deliberately opt in. God I wish I could close my account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well there is that. But I'm an open book anyway. But, that's probably the point. Oh crap, now I'll never get to sleep.

      Delete
    2. I'm a closed book - bolted shut! (if only)

      Mark's right - there's no need for Pinterest - really, don't people have lives! I'm hard pressed to be out here once in the blue moon as it is.

      As for Facebook - I think I'm the lone holdout - no can do. More to the point - no will do! No, no… you can't make me! hahahha

      My, my, look at the time - I really should be getting some "beauty" sleep - ha - no, no, you can't make me… :P hahahaha

      Delete
    3. Isn't Pinterest just about making holiday cookies or how to make kids' craft items out of pipe cleaners, bottle caps, and chicken bones?

      Delete
  2. Like you, I split myself in two - Bryan Jones the blogger & on Facebook, my real self on Twitter, Bubble & Hubpages. There is an ongoing risk that I forget who I really am and disappear up my own arse!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family thinks it's hilarious (and not a little disturbing) when I argue with myself on Facebook . I do that for the few people who think Al Penwasser and the other guy are different people.
      Plus, I'm insane.

      Delete
  3. I'm probably one of the few people who never got into Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got on it last year. I've been writing on it more and more. I'm quickly in and out.
      Ooh, that sounds dirty.

      Delete
  4. Pinterest, no way. Facebook i sorta have but made sure it is bare bones, twitter I have two main ones, the cat and pat, then like 10 other ones lol emails I have about 1000 of those, no joke, they are for my unscrupulous activity lol then just the cat and books and I ghost write a blog or two and videos and I think that is it.

    Pat and the cat now both follow you, we barely say anything there as time is short though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so I'll post things on Twitter, then here, then Facebook, then I'll write an email to...somebody...it's a very schizophrenic existence.

      Delete
  5. It's all crazy isn't it Al? I seldom tweet right now because of my personal and blog facebook page. Just keeping up with it all can get overwhelming to me. But...I'm a Joisey girl so I get it done. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've increased my tweeting because 140 characters lends itself well to sitting on the couch watching football. But I'll still want to write a blog post. I'm nothing if not longwinded.
      Like I am now.

      Delete
  6. I don't have enough interesting thoughts to do Twitter, and I don't like apologizing and it seems people who tweet are always apologizing for something. I have a Facebook account but I seldom update it, so I guess I'll be sticking with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you feel that way.
      See what I did there? ;-)

      Delete
  7. I've come to follow you because I see your comments frequently and they make me laugh. Keep it up or I'll drop you like a turd.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best.
      On the other hand, I don't want you to stand around, holding a turd.
      Ewwwwww.....

      Delete
  8. Resist Pinterest! I've heard it's a mind suck. Unless it's too late...
    And I don't even have one Facebook account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect, although I haven't investigated, that Pinterest would bore me.

      Delete
  9. So you really CAN teach an old dog new tricks hehehe. OK, so my next stop is my own, hardly used, twitter account to click the 'follow' button on you. Now is that stalking? (cue the sound of Vincent Price's evil laughter...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woof. What I mostly do is respond to other tweets. Occasionally, I'll have a thought of my own. But then I usually rush over here to Blogger to blather on an on about it. No sense being succinct.

      Delete
  10. Lots of luck to you in this life is the "Sound of Music" of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I don't have any Nazis chasing me over the Alps. My leiderhosen are at the cleaners.

      Delete
  11. I only have one question: Why is Jesus wearing clothes at the nudie bar.

    Happy New Year to all of you Penwassers and Lynches.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, nobody wants to see Jesus naked.

      Delete
    2. Except....whoa, I better stop. I'm on dangerous theological ground here. And I'm probably in enough trouble as it is.

      Delete
  12. Do you know I had a heck of a time finding you on Facebook? Looked under your real name, though, not Penwasser. I found you through Robyn. Now, my life is complete.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. There's a whole lot of me out there. There's also another Al Penwasser, but his (or her) profile picture is one of those silhouettes. But, I'm happy to have welcomed you to "Crazy Old Man Rantings."
      By now, you probably have noticed my FB Al is a little more serious than Blogger Al. Not by a whole helluva lot, but a little. I just don't want to get serious here. Silly. I like silly.

      Delete
  13. Just keep the spirit all through the year! ho ho ho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to. I'm already starting my list.

      Delete
  14. I tried twitter but I hated having to explain myself all the time cuz I'm a weirdo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdo usually works for me. I think.
      Well, that's probably just weird.

      Delete
  15. Maybe you can feature a "Best of Twitter" post here, so we can all enjoy your hilarious tweets. I can't wait to hear more about your new book by Alken Penlynch.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although Lynchpen also has a nice ring to it!

      Delete
    2. I have considered writing "50 Shades of Penwasser" but I want the albatross of my book off my back. Finishing it is my 2014 resolution.

      Delete
  16. And I have three blogs, three Twitter accounts, three e-mail accounts, three Facebook accounts... And I'm still sane (or so I would like to think) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win. And I thought it was just me!

      Delete
  17. Awesome dude. You are like all over the place. You have your very own Twerker account or whatever it is. I go on there to take the piss out of David Cameron. Good, clean fun. And Farcebook, who could possibly resist your profile updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NSA will never have a problem finding me.

      Delete
  18. My family tells me that I should have a Twitter account because of all the random one of two sentence things that I always say. Geeze, I don't even text and barely used FB.
    All of this social media stuff is seriously cutting into my drinking time.

    I don't care if it rains or freezes
    Long as I got my plastic jesus
    Sitting on the dashboard of my car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go a hundred miles an hour
      long as I got the Almighty power
      glued up there by my pair of fuzzy dice.

      Delete
  19. Holy crap, you aren't you! The curtain has been drawn back and my entire world view shattered! I don't know what to believe anymore. I guess I'll just go watch Fox News...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What about instagram? And tumblr? And weheartit??

    Yay for writing!! I should be doing more of that....

    ReplyDelete