Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Devil's Triangle

Could have just as easily been called the "Florida" or the "Puerto Rico" Triangle.
But, they speak English in Bermuda.
Just another example of whitey keeping people down.
Some things have been known to
come out of the Bermuda Triangle, too.
    The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an undefined region in the North Atlantic Ocean.  Over the course of time, a number of ships and aircraft have disappeared in this area of the world's oceans under mysterious circumstances.  The term, "Bermuda Triangle," is not officially


 
"So, what do we want to call that country south of Sudan?"
"How about...uh...South Sudan?"
"Works for me.  Who's up for lunch?"
recognized by the United States Navy.  Neither is it given solid credence by the United States Board
 on Geographic Names (no wonder we have an almost $17 trillion deficit).  Scientists, geologists, and freaks have attributed these events to either the paranormal or to circumstances of extraterrestrial origin.
"So then they take me up in their ship.
We have some cookies, a glass of milk, I read them a little story.
It's all very charming."
    While in the Navy, I had the opportunity to sail through the
"What the f...?  I thought Gilligan took the boat out to that ship."
"Uh...Gilligan's right here, skipper."
"Oh, little buddy, you dumbass!!"
waters of the Devil's Triangle.  I also flew in that region of the world many times.  At no time did I see anything which was out of the ordinary.  Well, when I was crewmember on USS America, we did come upon a boat which was completely empty sitting in the middle of a glassy sea.  It said S.S. Minnow on it, but we didn't give it a second thought.


    Anyway, we were returning to our base in Norfolk, Virginia after a two week operation when I decided to accompany a friend to the flight deck to watch as we tied up to the pier.  As is normally the case, thousands of our wives and children (it was 1977 and there were no women crewmembers.  There may have been boyfriends on the pier, too, for all I know.) 
    
"Flash 'im your boobs!  Flash 'im your boobs!  
Hey, you!  Hey, sir!!
You'll need to pull your pants up.
That kind of business won't be allowed for another 35 years or so." 

NOTE:  This is the true part of the story.  Really.  Well, except for the Godfather thing.  I ran out of room above.

   Looking at their excitement, my friend (I could tell you his name, but then he might want a cut of this story) said, "Hey, you know where we've been, right?"
"As you wished, Godfather, Amelia Earhart has disappeared."
"In the Bermuda Triangle, si?"
"Why...uh, no, Godfather.  Is that important?"
"You stoonad!!  Now they'll blame us.  Or the Jews."


   I looked at him like he had two heads.  "We've been at sea."

   "Yes.  But we've been at sea in the Bermuda Triangle."

    "Yeah.  So?"

    "You see all those people down there on the pier?"

    "Yeah.  So?"

    "Well, we could have entered another dimension while we were out there.  Those people may not be who we think they are."

    "Hmm.  Would we know that?"

    "No.  That's what's so freaky about it."

    I pondered his words for a few seconds and then said,
"Well, then, I don't care."

    Oh, I did mention this was in the 1970's, right?  Yeah, there was some drug use back then, too.
"Invade Iraq!?
What are you, stoned, man?"

44 comments:

  1. Seems something DID get lost in the Bermuda Triangle...your friend's mind ??? hahaha cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a funny conversation. He was deadly serious. And probably stoned.

      Delete
  2. The triangle is nothing compared to the Russian Rhombus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened to Anastasia and all their toilet paper.

      Delete
  3. Why would the people on shore have changed? It was actually you and friend who entered another dimension and became different people without knowing it. No one would have noticed except your wives - and they may have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently there's nothing special about that area of the ocean. It's just really hyped up or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think after that Bermuda Triangle theme park sank, they would have realized the whole thing was jive.

      Delete
  5. Isn't the Florida Triangle already a thing? Apparently it's a book or something, ah well. I think I'd be pretty freaked out if I saw an empty boat but maybe in the navy you saw your fair share of them. I think as far as any kind of paranormal activity there isn't much at the triangle, it's just a matter of things disappearing there. Not everything that goes there disappears. But I still think that's where Cthulhu dwells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It IS a book. In Spanish. When I tried to dig further, my computer disappeared. Weird.
      Seriously, that empty boat was creepy. Especially since the ocean and sky were the same shade of white and it was foggy as hell.

      Delete
  6. I've read so much about the Bermuda Triangle in the past that I'm honestly terrified of the thought of it haha, great post though buddy, it's good to see some light put onto the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a lot of weird things in the Navy. Like in the early 80's when they made sailors shave off their beards.

      Delete
  7. So, were the people from another dimension? Ha
    I lived in Norfolk too, during WW2 when my father was in the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people in Norfolk just SEEMED like they were from another dimension. The best thing about Norfolk is that they have busses leaving the city.

      Delete
    2. Al
      That's a good one about busses leaving the city. I'll have to remember that. Ha

      Delete
  8. I hate to burst your bubble, bub, but I am the REAL AL PENWASSER, and you DID come back into another dimension! Bwahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that explains why I don't get those catalogues from Playboy anymore.

      Delete
  9. Ahhh but it just proves he was stoned. For another dimension would be completely different. Like bug people or something so far gone you'd know the difference. Another reality is where you would not know the difference what so ever. could cross over into a world where instead of red to stop, red means go and that is the only difference. but then you might explode the time space continuum if two Al's were occupying the same reality at the same time. So either your counterpart went to your reality and you went to his, your counterpart kicked the bucket or you remained where you were. Too much tv? Who me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, seriously, can there ever be too MANY Penwassers?

      Delete
  10. What's freaky to me about these disappearances is that the Gilligan's Island crew wears the same new, freshly cleaned clothes every day. Oh, and the fact that the Professor never hits on Mary Ann...or Gilligan.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been all over Mary Ann or Ginger.
      Even Mrs. Howell would have done in a pinch.

      Delete
    2. I would've been all over the Professor, though I do question his sexuality (that is, whether he has any). My second choice: Mary Ann.

      xoRobyn

      Delete
  11. Maybe the real you is still out there in the Bermuda Triangle and a doppelganger replaced you and assumed your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told Gorilla, you have blown my mind.

      Delete
  12. We've got the Rhubarb Triangle a couple of miles away but they just grow rhubarb there, nothing sinister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumor has it that many pies have disappeared there.

      Delete
  13. It's reassuring to know that members of the armed forces, those heroes protecting the freedoms of the western world, are so logical and grounded! I'll sleep easier in my bed tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want us on that wall... You need us on that wall.... well not me anyway. I'm scared of heights.

      Delete
  14. Nothing there? Whatever will hollywood do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Produce a series of Bermuda shorts.
      OUCH....that even made ME wince.

      Delete
  15. So you've been there... this explains so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a product of my environment. So....yes.

      Delete
  16. Now I am singing the theme to Gilligans Island. The cat is looking at me as if I am completely nuts

    ReplyDelete
  17. For some reason this afternoon every blog I visit makes me laugh thankfully I am home alone and do not have to try and explain to hubby why I am laughing since he wouldn't get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can make everyone laugh maniacally, then my work is done.

      Delete
  18. That boat in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle seemed pretty creepy. Maybe it was from another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously was kinda spooky. In actuality it was a little dory (not the size of the Minnow), but it was creepy all the same. Especially given that weird white sky/white sea kind of thing.

      Delete
  19. I thought the Devil's Triangle was the spot over by Japan. I must be remembering wrong. Love the MJ caption. Made me laugh and I really needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's Dragon's Triangle.

      Delete
    2. Ah...so.
      The MJ caption was pretty much an exact quote at his trial. Of course, I tinkered with it a little.

      Delete
  20. Damn man.... Going through the Bermuda Triangle is totally on my Bucket List. Pinky Swear!

    It really is like we are the same people! MAYBE IT'S THE TRIANGLE'S SHENANIGANS!!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't believe in any of that superstitious stuff, it's bad luck!

    I think my house must be in it's own Bermuda triangle. I say that because I have four daughters and every time one of them comes over they lose their keys!

    ReplyDelete