Thursday, July 18, 2013

Captain Caption

    Welcome back to what was formerly known as Facebook Funnies, that feature of Penwasser Place when I don't feel like writing anything so I just boost a picture from the internet and slap a caption on it select a picture from the news and, after much thought and deliberation, grace it with a laugh-your-ass-off scathing bit of snark.

    As I'm sure I've told you, the term "Facebook Funnies" didn't make much sense to me.  So, you might be asking, why did it take you a whole year to change it, Al?  Well, these things take time and I wanted to make sure I did it right.  You know, like the U.S. government.  

    Everything was going swell, too, and I was all set to make a breakthrough sometime around Labor Day.  2017.  Then, Mark Zuckerberg goes ahead and serves me with a "cease and desist" letter to stop using the term "Facebook."  

So, eff him.  

"Et tu, Penwasser?
Well, I'm gonna unfriend your ass so fast your head will spin."

    So there you are.

    Sadly, that left me with two choices.  I could:
    1)  Stop doing this and write an actual post every Thursday,  
    instead.   Yeah.  That's gonna happen.
    or
    2)  Keep doing it under a different name.

    For this week, I chose "Captain Caption," which came to me via a suggestion from Pat Hatt of It's Rhyme Time.  Go ahead and visit Pat and his friend the cat, if you're not already followers of them.  You, and your intelligence, will be happy you did.   

    Since Pat and the cat are two very talented people (yes, yes, I know a cat is not a "people," just go with me on this one), I thought to give this a shot.  After all, it's MUCH better than what I was thinking:  "Picture Thingie."  

    Let me know what you think of it.  Don't worry, if you tell me you don't like it, Pat won't get all hacked off.  After all, he's Canadian and those guys are super polite (even though a lot of them are French).  As far as the cat....well, you might have a poem written in your honor which may cast aspersions on your character and sexual proclivities.  He may be Canadian, too, but he's a Canadian CAT.  You've been warned.  

    Okay, enough BLAH BLAH BLAH.  On with the picture.  Captain Caption-or something else entirely-may return next week.

    Or will it? 
"I'll bet you that, if I aim just right, I'll be able to hit my horse right in the frikkin' skull.  That'll sure teach those Je...hey, wait!  That can't be right.
Oh, well, I'll just go marry my sister instead."


41 comments:

  1. Captain Caption isn't a bad one, get yourself some spandex and away you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can wear it at Wal-Mart? I'm sure no one will notice.

      Delete
  2. Captain Caption is a pretty good name in my opinion so I say keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try saying Captain Caption 5 times really fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I had to try, huh? I was thinking it would sound dirty, but I just hurt myself instead.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Will do. I already put next week's "Captain Caption" on Delayed Post.

      Delete
  5. Captain Caption is catchy. Any new name will sound odd at first but after 3 times it will be "old home week." I'm already a Rhyme Time Regular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a kind of alliterative flair, doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. haha see the votes are in, Captain Caption is a win, besides it is easy to spell, just need to swap out one letter. And yeah the cat isn't a very nice Canadian feline. But you just gave me an idea, hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to keep it. In my opinion, if you can get someone smarter than you to think of something, go for it.

      Delete
    2. What a few days and you may have something to add to that post you got on delay

      Delete
    3. I HATE IT - just because the cat came up with

      (scroll down for my real answer)

      Get Bent Cat!!!

      Delete
    4. oops, I was so pissed at the cat, I didn't end my sentence. Freakin' cat. Let's try this again:

      I HATE IT - just because the cat came up with it!!!

      Delete
  7. I tried to follow Deb's advice and say it five times fast and let's just say that's rather impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Geez-a-lou, I got a tongue cramp.

      Delete
  8. Captain Caption IS hard to say but if I switch it around, "Caption Captain", somehow it seems easier. Is it just me? How about just "CC" or "CC WRITER" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll read whatever you write (or don't write) no matter what you call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! Well, and thank goodness for that! :-)

      Delete
  10. When in doubt, it's always a good idea to marry your sister! All hail to Captain Caption! Too bad Captain Kangaroo was already taken.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't use Captain Caption, that is my super hero persona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got promoted? I thought you were Commander Caption.

      Delete
  12. Well, at least you can eat the horse afterwards. Horse steaks and jerky anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horse DOES go good with beer.
      Then again, what doesn't?

      Delete
  13. Alright, now for the truth:

    It's pretty catchy. I say keep it.

    Freakin' cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's much better than the alternative.
      And I don't piss the cat off.

      Delete
    2. Wise idea. I do it all the time and he keeps calling me old.

      Delete
  14. Captain Caption works pretty well, except it would be hard to say ten times fast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whatever you call it, Al, it's always twisted and funny. (That's what she said, huh?) Did Zuckerberg poke and hide before unfriending you? He seems like the type to do that.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good shout on the Caption Caption name from Pat and I can't wait to see future photos. Dang that Zuckerberg fellow for removing you or whatever nonsense he was up to though, he's always been a shifty looking bloke for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First My Space, then Penwasser Place. The man is insatiable.

      Delete
  17. Cats aren't people? Don't tell my cat that. I think she'd agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she'd agree.

      Delete
    2. I don't think you don't think she'd agree.
      Your turn. :-)

      Delete