Friday, April 26, 2013

Shipping Off to Boston

We interrupt the A-Z Challenge to bring you this late breaking news:

I will be pretty much out of touch this weekend.  A very good friend of mine is retiring from the Navy tomorrow in Boston.  He plans on doing so aboard one of the United States' most storied warships,  USS Constitution, in the Charlestown Navy Yard.  As you may have guessed, I plan on attending this ceremony (I hear they may be serving grog).

We look a little different now.

As a result, I won't be able to read your posts for the next couple of days or even comment to your comments.  

Please excuse my absence.  I'll be back Sunday evening. 

Have a great weekend (yes, yes, yes, Europe, I know you're already there.  Australia and New Zealand?  Is it SUNDAY where you are??).

Your friend,
Al

p.s.  My 'X' post is still gonna happen in a few hours or so.  So, life does go on without me.

20 comments:

  1. Don't do anything you wouldn't do back when that picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't have the stamina anymore.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was magnificent. Boston is a great city!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Saw my niece (and THOUSANDS of Celtics fans) Friday.
      Went to my friend's retirement Saturday morning.
      Ate pizza and drank beer at my brother's Saturday night.
      Played golf Sunday morning.
      So, I did.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a bloody awesome weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most memorable experience I've had beyond the birth of my kids and my marriage (the second one).

      Delete
  5. Life may go on without you but it's never the same. Enjoy the ceremony Al and we'll see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does and it never is. So true.

      Delete
  6. Have a great time, which I'm sure you don't need to be told that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Al it's Saturday downunder and I am sloshed. Happy Birthday to me! Happy drinking to you.
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday? I really can't keep up with that International Date Line thing. So...it's Monday afternoon now. Which means it's what where you are? Good on ya for the drinking part!!

      Delete
  8. Enjoy yourself. and thanks from me to your friend for his service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He put in 28 years? Oh my, oh my, where did the time go?

      Delete
  9. Have fun Al, hopefully your friend has a great time, just like you he is an absolute hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the honor of flying with him from off the coast of Maine to the Red Sea.
      I'm not sure our flight suits fit anymore, though.

      Delete