Sunday, March 24, 2013

We'll Be Right Back


Well, the time has come for Penwasser Place to close its cyber-shutters for a week.  As most of you know, the A-Z Challenge (2013 edition) starts on April 1st and I need to get a few things in order.  Mostly, I need to get my articles written so I can put them on delayed post.  This way, I'll have the luxury of reading each of your posts, those of you who are participating and those of you who are not (these I call, "sane people").

  My priority when reading and commenting will be given to those who have read and commented on my hideous stuff.  Then, I'll get to you sane people.  Then, after that, I may go after those of you who I haven't heard from in a while.  Don't worry, I pester my family this way.

  I'll also answer anyone from Russia.  Because I seriously don't want to hack those people off.  If James Bond movies have taught us anything, it's that they can seriously eff you up.

  At any rate, the place will be kinda dark for the next few days.  Oh sure, there will be some posts during the last week of March.  But, those will be Passover and Easter reposts.  Because, let's face it, they've already been written.  Plus, I'll have a Facebook Funny on Thursday.  Because, let's face it, how hard is it to get a picture from the Drudge Report and throw a caption under it?  I mean it's not like I'm Dave Barry or anything.

  But, I'm not planning on doing any reading or commenting.  So, I guess you have that going for you.

  So, until April Fool's Day (wow, ain't that appropriate?), this is Al Penwasser signing off.

  Hope to see you in a week. 

Penwasser 2013
Now with more wrinkles

29 comments:

  1. A lot of people are taking a break this week before the Challenge. My posts are all written and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *slaps you a high five* Wouldn't want to leave you hanging Al. :)

    I'm off to run a 5K, then finish up my experiments for the rest of A-Z... again, every year I say, "Nope. Not doing it." Then I realize that I fall into the non-sane category anyway, so why fight it.

    Enjoy your stay-cation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running a 5K?
      Wow, makes my bowl of Cheerios look much less sexy.

      Delete
    2. Finished in 39.20 (I walked like 100 feet of it though)... Youngest finished in 27 FRIGGING minutes. 27. Here's hoping I can keep his interest through high school... it could get him a scholarship. :)

      Delete
    3. That's fantastic! As for me...not only did I have TWO bowls of Cheerios, I finally put some pants on before noon.

      Delete
    4. Nice. :) I'm sure that thrilled Mrs. Penwasser.

      Delete
    5. Or that I ate all the Cheerios?
      She hates Cheerios.

      Delete
  3. If James Bond has taught me anything about the Russian's its that a Brit can always stop them. So I think I'll be fine. I'll see you in a week Al and I hope you can get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you're RIGHT.
      Maybe I should speak with a British accent.
      Just not one of the Monty Python ones.
      Seriously (no really), do you know which country comes in at #3 for those who read Penwasser Place? Yep, Russia. That makes me a little nervous. Bby the way, Canada is #2 and the UK is #4.

      Delete
  4. See you in a week Al, if you follow any Russians then you simply have to send me their blog address so I can check them out too haha. Best of luck getting this all written up and still being as hilarious as usual mate, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST checked. While Russia is still #2 (I'm really getting nervous now), the United Kingdom is now #3 while Canada has slipped to #4.
      Rule, Britannia

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Three posts in the can (which were not written ON the can). I have some work to do, but I hope I'm up for the challenge (hey, maybe that's where they got the name...?)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Gosh, I hope so. I will be pretty much disappearing. I will answer anyone who comments on the reposts this week (if any), but that will be it.

      Delete
  7. Shouldn't it say I'll be back, considering you are the only one here? Or was that too cliche? haha see you in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, "we'll" is right.
      I have a mouse in my pocket.
      And an imaginary naked laky.

      Delete
  8. "Now with more wrinkles" tee hee. Always good for the bright side of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally wanted to go with "Now With Testicles in my Sneakers" but I thought that was TMI.
      Oops. There I went ahead and wrote it.

      Delete
  9. Damn right when I found your blog you're going on a break... The anticipation will get higher I guess. Have a good on this Easter time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't lose you in April ("Ohhhh, crap! Is this the type of nonsense he writes?? Well, goodbye!!").
      There WILL be a couple reposts this week. Meaning they'll be new to you. They may give you some idea how much poo I fling on the wall.
      Welcome to the nuthouse!

      Delete
  10. Good luck, Al - responding to anyone from Russia, that is.
    See ya soon.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I zhall be very carful, Comrade. Da, iz good?

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm like a bad penny or an in-law.
      I'll be back.

      Delete
  12. Enjoy your week off Al. Looking forward to your A-Z posts. Yours are always entertaining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so. I've been writing pretty much nonstop on those posts. This explains why I haven't come 'round. But, come Monday, back to normal.

      Delete