Saturday, June 23, 2012

Facebook Funnies

    In an effort to provide the very best in entertainment to as many people as possible (and avoid having to write more than what's absolutely necessary), I've decided to invite a new tenant to Penwasser Place:  Facebook Funnies.
    
   And, just to prove I know how to use italics and bold features, I plan on running said Funnies on a weekly basis.
  
    Or, whenever I feel like it.
  
    Drawing on pictures I find on the Drudge Report, I'll be posting them here once I inflict my Facebook friends.  Sorry, Facebook has dibs.  And not just because it has Words With Friends.  Well, actually, it has a lot to do with that.
  
    By the way, speaking of the poor man's Scrabble, I'm rocking the batcrap out of 'Qi.'  But, Maria from Marlias World is totally kicking the snot out of me.  I thought I knew a lot of words, but this lady pulls words from her lexicon (see? I told you I knew some words) that boggle my mind.  Like grecized!  Holy crap!  I never heard of that word before.  

   Apparently, it's Greek for causing a word, phrase, or whatever to take on a Grecian form.

    Wait for it....I don't know, it's all Greek to me.

    Now, where was I?  Oh, yeah, Facebook Funnies.  So, I find a picture and then give it a caption.  Hopefully, it will be a funny, not sucky, caption.

    For you poor, masochistic bastards who are my FB friends as well as Blogger followers (Sherilin, Nancy S. ThompsonMatt,  Rodney, and the vocabulary savant, Maria), I apologize for the comedy reruns.  
    
   You may want to step back, make yourself a sandwich, and read one of the fine, fine blogs which are out there.  Might I suggest you read each other's blogs?  You're all funny and entertaining.  But, I'd steer clear of Maria.  She'll slap a ten letter Greek word without vowels on your unsuspecting ass quicker than you can say baklava jubilee.
   
    Just kidding, Maria!
    
    But-pssssttt!-you may want to have a dictionary handy, just in case.


    Now that I've prepped today's picture (geez, I hope you're still around)...
"Ya know, if that whole Supreme Court thing doesn't work out for you, you may want to consider washing your face, taking the dress off, and seeing if you can get your job back playing 'Doug' on the 'King of Queens.'
     
NOTE:  For my non-American friends, you may not get some of these.  That's okay.  We have a real tough time understanding why Russell Brand is famous or why in the world the French think Jerry Lewis is so frikkin' funny, either.


    That's it for tonight.  I need to finish the final chapter of the Xerxes saga.  Frankly, this post was just a little easier to write (see what I mean?  Facebook Funnies is going to be a comedy goldmine!  And allow me plenty of time for some good old-fashioned laying in front of the TV with my shirt off.
     
    The problem is, there are more Greeks in that story than at an all-night diner in Paterson, New Jersey.
    
    I may need Maria to do some grecizing on some Persians for me.

28 comments:

  1. I think this will be a fun addition to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I just spent a couple of hours writing this.
    My notes on Xerxes lay on the desk in front of me, mocking, mocking......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea why Russell Brand is famous either - he just kind of appeared from nowhere and won't go away, a bit like David Cameron, Kim Kardinganarshian and the funny looking mole that I found on my foot.

    Looking forward to your Facebook Funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think many people here (Blighty) think Brand is famous. He swears a lot and youngsters think that's cool.

    And ... Qui! Jerreeeeeee Looeees ees ver' funnee, no?

    Anyway, I've been nabbing piccies from the net for a while now, Al. Take a look http://symdaddy-humour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. God help me I read it all. I could guess at what grecized meant but I'd still be surprised if it is an actual word. Then again if poor mans scrabble says it is, it just might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also despite being non-American I did get the funny. It was quite funny, and that...woman? does look a lot like Doug.

      Delete
  6. "Grecized" my big hairy butt. Scrabble has been ruined by these dictionary-mining types who make the board look like gibberish. Only words that appear in a published work of literature would be my rule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love words with friends. I am not very good at it but I have fun.
    Fun post. Thank you for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Yeah? Well, you might wanna pin those floppy ears of yours back so they don't get in the way when you kiss my butt!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm really looking forward to more of these. :)

    Happy weekend, Al!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great plan, anything that gives you a reason to rant, can't be too bad haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ermie: Gotta watch that mole. Those bastards can dig wicked tunnels in your yard. And, apparently, your foot.
    @Symdaddy: Not only is Lewis tres funny, but we eat snails and our cheese smells like feet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Mark: Yep, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw "grecized."
    Maria got something like 98 points with that one. Then, she followed up with another word for 63 points. Sorta made my "cat" look puny by comparison. She's very, very good.
    @Gorilla: But, now I can use "grecized" in a conversation. No, wait, I probably can't. Unless I was having dinner with someone named Zorba.
    @Mynx: Words With Friends is a hoot. I used to check Blogger first thing. Now, I go to Facebook. I think it's a conspiracy. Hopefully, with "Facebook Funnies," I can combine the two.
    @CW: See how easy (and fun) the caption thing is?
    @Dana: They do kinda tickle me. I can't take credit for the Doug resemblance, though. I first thought she looked like Mike Myers in drag.
    @Pat: It's funny. I had intended that the above would only be a few sentences. Then, I started going on and on and on. Next thing I knew it was 2 am.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Laughed OUT LOUD! Poor thing. I'm not the prettiest girl at the party, but I am pretty sure I don't resemble too many men. Execpt my Dad & Brother.

    I just won't go to parties with them. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow she does look like that dude from King of Queens

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Adam: With pearls.
    @Mary: But, I hear she has a nice personality.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never played Words With Friends.
    Great caption!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Russell Brand is famous because he is incredibly intelligent, and unbelievably sexy. I may be the only woman in the world who sees that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is? And he is?
    Intelligent, I can't see it. He may be, though. You think he plays Words With Friends?
    Sexy? I don't know if another man is sexy. And I'm thinking that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor Sonia Sotomayor really does look like Kevin James in that photo! Looking forward to more Facebook Funnies! I must find your page now. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Or maybe Kevin James looks like her? I feel so ashamed. Well, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always knew I had a masochistic side. So glad we are facebook buddies now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My other suffering Blogger/Facebook friends thank you.
      As do I.

      Delete
  22. I'm not quite sure I get it. But that could be because I'm from Canada. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is a good thing.
      We're all nuts down here.
      Okay, we don't have Quebec.
      But, we have Vermont.

      Delete
  23. Ok so now in my defence "grecised" is the only word I used which is not a common word. Someone ask Penwasser what the hell "Yuans" means. Oh and I can't take credit for that 'g' word - I was its first victim and my memory is long penwasser so watch out LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yuans" is some of sort of Chinese currency, I think. Feel free to use it. I must say, I got lucky last game. I play another person on WWF. She also regular kicks my butt. With, like you, regular words.

      Delete