As incredible as it seems, there was life BAZC (Before the A-Z Challenge).
|"Oh, yeah, Mr. Smart Ass Penwasser man? |
We invent gunpowder, pasta, Chinese checker.
And, quite possibly, Walmart."
As the sun slowly starts to set on April, I look forward to seeing my family and visiting other blogs. Then, armed with a cell phone camera and notebook, I can write about whatever strikes my fancy (resulting in one bruised fancy). No longer a slave to the “delayed post” option, I can be spontaneously mischievous again.
In fact, I already have a couple of posts in mind for May.
However, it is still April and I still need to regale you with tales of a few more letters. Unfortunately, it’s those pain-in-the-ass letters from Scrabble, starting with: V (don’t think I’ve forgotten about you, Q, though).
|"I hate to tell you this, Ed, |
but that burning sensation
just isn't going to go away by itself."
Lo and behold, though, both Geeky Tendencies and Ermie (who may or may not have been in cahoots) saw fit to bestow upon me a Versatile Blogger award. This happened sometime in March. Or February. Oh, hell, I can’t remember. I needed to write about baseball, Passover, and kryptonite, for cryin’ out loud.
For that I am most thankful. Frankly, I’m tired and this is a big help. I still have two more letters to write about.
Also, I’m humbled they thought me worthy of this award. Although, I’m not exactly why I’m a versatile blogger. Does that mean I can write in the nude while juggling (NOTE: euphemism) Little Al and the Twins? If so, guilty as charged.
This award is not to be taken lightly as it comes with rules:
1. Nominate 15 others and inform them with a comment on their blog. Yeah, this isn’t gonna happen. Because, if you follow me, I wouldn’t call you “versatile.” “Masochistic”, yes. If you don’t follow me, I call you “wise.”
2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award. Hello?? Here it is.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you. If you’re reading this, Geeky and Ermie, thank you. If you’re not Geeky or Ermie, go visit. Tell ‘em Al sent you.
4. Share 7 completely random facts about yourself (or myself. whatever). Be patient, they’re coming (and they’ll be true).
5. Make sure to include these rules. Okay, well, here they are.
Now, go get a “cuppa Joe” (NOTE: covered in ‘J’)....
7 Random Facts About Me
1. I was in the Navy for 27 years. My jobs included running away from airplanes on an aircraft carrier, cleaning toilets, looking for Russian submarines, dumping patrol aircraft urinals, standing in line, and looking cool in my flight suit. That Secret Service thing? Not as unheard of as you might think. Only without hookers. As far as you know.
|Like this. Only with blood.|
3. I’ve been married twice. The first Mrs. Penwasser only lasted five years. I affectionately call her the “Bug-Eyed Ugly Woman.” Mrs. Penwasser #2 calls her, “The Lucky Broad Who Managed to Escape.”
|On the bright side, they do have casinos. |
But, nutmeg!? That the best you got?
5. I totaled my car in North Carolina.
“Did you have anything to drink tonight, Mr. Penwasser?”
“A couple beers, officer.”
|"Aw, crap, I thought you brought the water."|
7. All-You-Can-Drink Mimosa Breakfast=Questionable Behavior in a Mobile Home Park Swimming Pool on Sunday afternoon.
There, I hoped you’ve gained a little insight into just what it is that makes me tick. Oh, sure, there’s a lot more to tell. But, I only had to mention seven facts.
On the bright side, buck up. The challenge will soon be over. And then I can tell you about whatever pops into my mind without having to worry about a specific letter.
Like that one bachelor party........