Monday, January 16, 2012

The Eyes Have It

Mr. Sulu is gay?  That's...fascinating  
    It's amazing to me how much mileage I've gotten from my Mayan Predictions Post (The End Is Near. Or Not.  Go ahead, I know you want to check it out.) and subsequent apology to Kirstie Alley (I'm Sorry, Kirstie-A Penwasser Retraction. You may want to check this out, too.  It's like I tell Mrs. Penwasser: It won't take long. Promise.)  
    
    A comment from Marlia of Marlia's World (which is just a hair more clever of a blog name than Nancy S. Thompson's Nancy S. Thompson blog.  Nancy, you know I love you. In a "You're on the West Coast, I'm on the East Coast" kinda way) concerned the Vulcan/Romulan (seriously, whatever) eyebrows of Lt. Saavik from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Ricardo Montalban's Pectorals.

    The sharp-eyed Marlia noticed that Kirstie's Saavik didn't sport Vulcan/Romulan (again....whatever) eyebrows.  I knew this and hoped nobody would call me on this (the fact that I knew this is disturbing).  But, I maintain that Ms. Alley didn't need this facial affectation because she clearly rocks the "raised eyebrow" look. 

    However, in Star Trek III: The Search For a Movie Which Doesn't Suck as Bad As Star Trek: The Motion Picture But Hopefully Will Break Even At the Box Office, Kirstie didn't choose to reprise (you say 'reprize', I say 'repreeze') her role as the Half-Vulcan, Half-Romulan, All-Woman, Saavik.  I'm thinking she thought it would be a career boost to star with John Travolta in Look Who's Talking (hey, she may have been right for all I know, but it was still a dumbass frikkin' movie).

  Instead, we got Robin Curtis as Saavik, who effed things up so much that Kirk's son got killed, but she had sex (or Vulcan kinda sex-which is more than I'll get tonight) with a teenage Spock.
  NOTE:  Yes, these are spoilers. But, jeezy pete, if you're complaining about this, what the hell are you waiting for to see this movie!?
  
    I'm not saying Robin was unattractive or anything, but she did a lousy job as Saavik.  In addition, she very clearly has the raised Vulcan/Romulan (yes, yes, I frikkin' get it.  Alien, okay??) eyebrows.  I'm thinking the good people at Paramount didn't notice this fact and decided to give Curtis the 'brow after they had a couple spare ones laying (or is that 'lying'?) around.

Quick.  What else has she been on?  
Kirstie may have had her problems,
but Robin didn't get an apology from someone who hasn't won Blog of Note, has she?

    Since we're talking Star Trek babes, I'd like to offer another picture of one hot Vulcan (yes, this one is Vulcan, smarty-pants): Jolene Blalock who played T'Pol in Star Trek: Enterprise:

With raised eyebrows
Without raised eyebrows.
But, are you looking at her eyes?  Didn't think so.
Live long and prosper.

Okay, this really will do it for the Kirstie/Robin Saavik discussions.  I guess I'll have to come up with something that doesn't leech off one of my earlier posts.
     
    But, if it's all the same to you, I'm going to add the pictures of T'Pol to my Scarlett Johansson pictures.  And, not fall asleep before Mrs. Penwasser.

For a change.

26 comments:

  1. I think Kirstie did a better job as a Vulcan than that chick from Sex and the City in Star Trek VI: Beating a Dead Horse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALMOST included a picture of Kim Catrall as Valeris (oh, my GOD, I have a sickness with this nerdy Star Trek trivia stuff). And, I most definitely agree with you. But, I thought the name was Star Trek VI: Stick a Fork In These Old Bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit Al, preferring Star Wars much more to Star Trek I don't know much about the whole thing but I quite like these Kirstie Alley posts, the new Vulcan chick is quite the hotty as well! Good luck with staying awake longer than your wife too buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Star Wars DID have Princess Leia in a bikini sitting at Jabba the Hutt's feet. But, they also had Jar Jar Binks.
      By the way, I fell asleep.
      Crap.

      Delete
  4. Of course I wasn't looking at her eyes. Look at that hair. I can only get my hair to do that occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to scroll up to see what you were talking about. Nope, didn't look at her hair.
      Sorry. I feel like such a pig.

      Delete
  5. You might not believe this, but I had absolutely no clue that Kirstie Alley was in Star Trek... I am ashamed that I missed your retraction post, as it is 100% gold. I'm actually glad your posts ride on each other, it helps me catch them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you thought she was all Jenny Craig and Dancing With the Stars, huh?

      Delete
  6. Ok - first, only a 'hair'? Is that an eyebrow hair?
    Second - I am a star trek tragic. I'm not a fan coz I never stalked anyone or went to a convention, although I am following George Takei on Twitter and Facebook - but benignly I swear. And I am OCD - so I noticed those brows as soon as she walked into shot. Kim Catrall we can forget for those contorted images at the end - not a good look.
    Third - I AM an inspiring woman - I have inspired many an employee to explore their potential... elsewhere.
    Last: Ok I follow William Shatner on Twitter too....geez peeps!

    thanks for the plug Al - I am your devoted fan! Now I'm off to re-pluck my eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyebrow,,,,clever! Touche!
      I just got a Twitter account. Maybe I should follow George and Bill, too.
      I think I'm a bit OCD with that stuff, as well. As I was writing this post, I started to think, "Heyyy, I think Robin Curtis was sporting those eyebrows!" By the way, in some shots, it looks like Kim Catrall doesn't have any eyebrows at all.

      Delete
  7. The raised eyebrow thing actually started in the old series with McCoy, who was 100% human. Spock then raised his eyebrow as a parody and made it a Vulcan/Romulan fetish. Was T'Pol short for Titty Pol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously didn't know that.
      If it wasn't, it should have been.

      Delete
  8. My eyes glaze over when you start talking Trekkie, Al And hey, it might not be clever, but you'll always remember my blog's name, right? Oh and, um...about that whole east coast, west coast thing? My best friend lives in Philly. Won't be long 'til I pay her a visit. And now I know what kind of car you drive, mwah ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will always remember your name (blog or otherwise). You know I'm just playing, right?
      If you come to town, I'll buy you a scrapple cheesesteak.
      But, we can't stay in Philly. They're shooting a lot of people there. We'll go somewhere safe.
      Like Camden.

      Delete
  9. T'Pol is smokin' hot! Did you see the one where she's in heat?!? My husband is a Star Trek junkie. When I met him, I said I would resist and not become one myself. Well, resistance is futile and I have assimilated. I love the original series best. Captain Kirk and Spock are both hotties. I'd love to be in a sweaty sandwich between them - well, not now but 40 years ago. Sulu could join in but I've recently learned that he wouldn't enjoy that. What a shame! I hope you enjoyed your late night and your activities didn't disturb Mrs. Penwasser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Vulcan in heat thing? My God, my glasses would fog over and my heart would stop. For that, I'd wake Mrs. Penwasser up.
      My favorite is the original series, too. None of the other poseurs could hold a candle to Kirk.
      Except...in...acting...ability.
      William Shatner: Much More Than Priceline and TJ Hooker.

      Delete
  10. I love the first picture that you posted in this post
    that old man is tension free.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!1

    improve vocabulary fast
    TOEIC vocabulary flashcards

    ReplyDelete
  11. But by fr, the hottest Vulcan was Spock. He still heats up my panties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I...uh...hmm...err...like thinking about T'Pol in heat, that also makes my glasses fog over and my heart stop.

      Delete
  12. See, if the Star Trek franchise used your subtitles instead of the ones they actually used, I'd have made sure to see the films. As it is, I've only seen the latest reboot (Star Trek: Attack of the Multi-Spock... okay, you can certainly do better than that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star Trek I: The Boring Motion Picture. But, We Have a Bald Chick.
      Star Trek II: The Wrath of Bad Acting
      Star Trek III: The Search for An Interesting Story
      Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home For Laughs, San Francisco, Whales, and the Last Time We Have to See Robin Curtis As Saavik!
      Star Trek V: You Thought Star Trek III Was Frikkin' Boring?
      Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Klingon Who Quotes Shakespeare. No Shit
      Star Trek Generations: Screw Using Roman Numerals. This One Has Whoopi Goldberg, the Captain is Bald, and Kirk...Finally...Dies
      Star Trek: First Contact of Creepy Borg People and Proof That, if a Drunk Could Build a Warp Drive in the Woods, Anyone Could
      Star Trek: Resurrection of Evidence That Even The Next Generation Could Put Out a Boring Ass Movie
      Star Trek: Nemesis-Data Dies!
      Star Trek: We're Sick and Tired of Numbering These GD Things. But, At Least Kirk Doesn't Die and There IS That Green Chick.

      Delete
  13. Wow you make the movies sounds soooo good..lol...yeah Cheer's womans replacement wasn't as attractive. But you can't beat the look whose talking series, you have John McClane himself there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the party in my diaper, pal!!

    ReplyDelete