Friday, January 15, 2010

Cheer In the Face of Certain Doom



I get a kick out of that commercial with the little frosted mini-wheats luxuriating in a warm bowl of milk. They actually kid around with the kid who blows on the milk to cool it down. Their calls of "Safety first" and collegial good cheer strike me as odd given that the boy will soon eat them.
Would that we all were so cheerful in the face of certain doom.

Yes, I realize cereal doesn't actually talk.
Now, as for those Pop-Tarts...

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever wondered how much money ad agencies saved by marketing cartoon characters, rather than real actors that might become rich and famous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think too many of them would be willing to sit in a warm bowl of milk, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd be surprised at what I'd sit in for money...

    ReplyDelete